Riverside Rigadoon 2014 Edition - Wheelock Stadium

Academy-"Vanity Fair." From a design standpoint this show is great. Musical selections, music content, visual package, etc. It just feels like the performers are at the mercy of their show right now. Love the marimba feature. Lots of character to be added from a performance standpoint. I'd have them below mandarins and PC tonight

Blue Knights-"That One Second" is my favorite bk show since 2011. Love the concept, horn sound is leagues better than the previous two years. I can see them passing up Madison and dunking it out with Boston and blue stars. Just wish they'd finish the show

• Like 1

This is possibly the worst venue for a DCI show.

• Like 1

First scv show I saw live was the original scherezade so this is just nostalgic for me. That opening hit with the trombones is freakin awesome! I really enjoy the fact that all the corps using the new brass rule are doing a one and done approach. Vanguard does the same and it is tasteful in my opinion. Loved the sequel this season and I can see it getting 5th at worst come finals. Not that it's bad but bd, bloo, cadets and crown are not easy to take down. Awesome show scv!

• Like 2

At the show....quick thoughts. BK: great show with amazing potential. Can see them in the top 8. SCV comment as BK maybe top 3, Crosssmen: Strong show, percussion their strength.

Bones-"Alma Qitana" is a cool show. I really like the top through the first big hit. Some cool moments in this show and California appreciates them coming out west. Thank you bones! As far as design goes though my only quarrel like last season was the drill is still too clumped up in the center of the field. Besides that great show

Thank you blue devils. That was a treat two nights in a row. If this wins I am 100% behind it. Great show from top to bottom. The horns move and play so much that it's astounding how good of a sound they're getting this early. Great show.

Not staying for scores but here's how I'd have it w/o numbers

1. BD

2. SCV

3. BK

4. Bones

5. PC

6. Mandarins

7. Academy

1. Gold

2/3. Impulse or GE

4. City sound

5. Watchmen

6. Incognito

Thanks for tuning in!

• Like 2

World Class

Blue Devils 82.000

Santa Clara Vanguard 79.300

Blue Knights 71.050

Crossmen 68.350

Mandarins 63.950

The Academy 63.750

Pacific Crest 62.900

Open Class

Gold 56.100

Golden Empire 50.700

Impulse 48.850

Watchmen 43.450

City Sound 42.550

Incognito 38.900

• Like 1

This is possibly the worst venue for a DCI show.

Absolutely.

I couldn't get tickets. Watched from beyond the away side on the hill. For those who say shows aren't being attended, this one was VERY well attended, but the stadium was way too small.

I may post some thoughts later, but I managed to turn the lemons into lemonade.

• Like 1