50th Annual Drum Corps Grand Prix

Eight tenths is not in any way "almost tied". It's a body slam in today's DCA. As JoeDz said in an earlier post, the quantity and quality of the corps in the show compressed spreads more than you would normally see. Contest dynamics played a huge role tonight (as they should), and there are only one or two numbers I'd raise an eyebrow at, and even then just for the number itself, not the placement. I may have seen the show a little differently, but I cannot quibble with how the panel saw it. It's a great example of apples vs oranges, as opposed to some of the Wildwood numbers by a judge or two that should have retired a decade ago.

A body slam really ????

.8 at a nine corps show, all in the same class? Where the first and second place corps weren't on back to back? Yes, yes it is.

.8 at a nine corps show, all in the same class? Where the first and second place corps weren't on back to back? Yes, yes it is.

Buccs last show was 6/14 with a score of 76.45

Cabs las show,was 6/28. With a score of 81.30

Given that most corps score on average of 2 points + per week

The score match up something like this

Buccs

Projected 84.45 Actual 84.00 .45 difference

Cabs

Projected 85.30 actual 84.85 .45 difference

I'm saying it was far from a slam dunk.

More of your "projected score" nonsense? Really?

Yes really.

I'm not shocked by the top 3 scores at all tonight. Pretty predictable actually. They were +\ - one point in either direction on the 2 points plus per week. Hard to beat that.

What tonight's scores really show is that CV when they go up north and go head to head against DCA NE corps they Get a fair shake on the scores. Not so much when they get scored in the south.

Some of us that watch these scores. That get camp reports. That watch videos and listen to staff members , membership and that have people on the ground that we trust to give us the right information in DCA that read and compare the recaps ... we had a feeling that the score they received in Florida was not in line with where they were at competivly this season. Corps generally do not bump up 6 points in two weeks. If Cabs or Bucs jumped 6 points in two weeks someone would be calling foul right now.

Respectively DCA judges when they come to the south historically seem to not pay attention to where CV is scoring or should I say should be scoring . Hopefully that will be addressed before the southern showdown,

If CV would have had a score in Florida that some of us thought was more in line than what it Was. I suspect it might not have held them back as much as it did tonight and we might have had even a tighter race.

No matter. Great job tonight CV and have a great rest of the season.

This time last year in NJ there was a TWO point spread between Bucs and Cabs.

I t took Cabs the rest of the season to close one more point.

.8 is not that much at this point do the season. It is FAR from a slam dunk.

Edited by camel lips

Is it that Bucs don't want to complete that much or there not getting that many offers for shows or have they priced themselves out of the market ? Seems there a lot to consider here .But only Bucs know the answer to this one .

the bucs have done this since the 60's . nothing new.

Eight tenths is not in any way "almost tied". It's a body slam in today's DCA. As JoeDz said in an earlier post, the quantity and quality of the corps in the show compressed spreads more than you would normally see. Contest dynamics played a huge role tonight (as they should), and there are only one or two numbers I'd raise an eyebrow at, and even then just for the number itself, not the placement. I may have seen the show a little differently, but I cannot quibble with how the panel saw it. It's a great example of apples vs oranges, as opposed to some of the Wildwood numbers by a judge or two that should have retired a decade ago.

so you think the bucs can't beat the cabs this year? really? i think the bucs run maybe over but not without a fight. but i wasn't there so we will see.

• Like 1