DCA show - July 19th - Secaucus, NJ

Looking for something to do the week after Wayne in NJ? ... or maybe you couldn't make it on the 12th? ...

The come an join me to welcome the three of DCA's charter members (Skyliners, Buccaneers, Hurricanes) to the same field of competition 50 years later along with the Cabs and Sunrisers who joined DCA in 1966 ... add to this the rising stars of Fusion and Windsor Regiment ... then top it off with the Cabs Alumni and you've got a bona fide "hit" show on your hands ...

I'll be there to do the MCing (they must have lost Fran's phone #) and sprinkle in some nostalgic DCA tidbits from 1964 (yes, I was around then) throughout the evening ...

Hope to see you all there ...

:-)

Kiwanis Open

July 19, 2014 - 7:30 PM
Kane Stadium - Windsor Dr & Dorigo Ln - Secaucus NJ 07094

Call for TICKETS 973-615-7598

In competition:

Skyliners
Windsor Regiment
Sunrisers
Hurricanes
Fusion Core
Buccaneers
Caballeros

Exhibition by the Caballeros Alumni

Call for TICKETS 973-615-7598

Edited by ajlisko
  • Like 1

Congrads AJ ,should be a great show and all the past tid-bids that you'll add should keep everyone on there toes .The Season's starting to take off now Grand Prix tonight ,Secaucas next week a few big shows in a row .Should give a good picture of whats to come .

Well now ... with the scores and placements in from Wayne, the show in Secaucus should prove to be a great sequel as the week-to-week battles intensify ... if you missed Wayne, you'll want to catch this one ... if you made Wayne, you'll want to catch this one ... in other words ... call for your tickets asap as DCA celebrates its 50th with another great competition ...

So ... who here on DCP is planning to attend the Secaucus show? ... not only a chance to see a great show but also support the Kiwanis Club (sponsors) which does terrific charitable work in the local area ... AND ... you get to hear someone else announce a show (sorry Fran ... maybe you'll show up to announce Sun) ...

Like I said, I'll have some DCA trivia tidbits to share throughout the show ... hmmm ... if I get a wireless mic, I'll play Monty Hall and quiz the fans in the stands ... maybe some of the souvie tables can donate T's, etc as prizes ... WHOA ...

After the show we can all stop in at Charlie Krajewski's a few blocks away for a few cold ones and some karaoke ... OH MY! ... fav hangout for Sky in the 60' and 70's ...

Andy "will MC for ... oh, you know" Lisko

Edited by ajlisko

Well now ... with the scores and placements in from Wayne, the show in Secaucus should prove to be a great sequel as the week-to-week battles intensify ... if you missed Wayne, you'll want to catch this one ... if you made Wayne, you'll want to catch this one ... in other words ... call for your tickets asap as DCA celebrates its 50th with another great competition ...

Have a great time on the mike, Andy!!!! :thumbup:

7:30 ~ hmmmm :tongue:

yeah I think I can swing that.

So ... who's in ... who's out ... who's going ... who's not ...

Come join me at Kane Stadium in Secaucus NJ (host to a myriad of GSC shows in the 60's and 70's) (practice site of Sky in the 60's and 70's) ...

Who dat gonna win? ... hmmm ... is that dc talk? ... Cabs? ... Bucs? ... possibly even Fusion (is 2 pts insurmountable?) ... how about a good old knock down drag out between Hurcs, Sky and Sun? ... Windsor? ... where do they fit in? ... gonna be great weather!!!! ... HOO HAA!!!!

Check out my "50 years ago thread" for some neat trivia and scores from 64 ... I'll be on the mic tomorrow night ... so stop by and say hello ... along with any libations you may be hiding on your person ...

So ... who's in ... who's out ... who's going ... who's not ...

Come join me at Kane Stadium in Secaucus NJ (host to a myriad of GSC shows in the 60's and 70's) (practice site of Sky in the 60's and 70's) ...

Who dat gonna win? ... hmmm ... is that dc talk? ... Cabs? ... Bucs? ... possibly even Fusion (is 2 pts insurmountable?) ... how about a good old knock down drag out between Hurcs, Sky and Sun? ... Windsor? ... where do they fit in? ... gonna be great weather!!!! ... HOO HAA!!!!

Check out my "50 years ago thread" for some neat trivia and scores from 64 ... I'll be on the mic tomorrow night ... so stop by and say hello ... along with any libations you may be hiding on your person ...

I'll be hawkin' souvies for Cabs, so, while the Mrs. & I won't add to the gate, we promise to buy dinner at the concession stand. We also promise we won't heckle the MC TOO much :devil: .

Great location, btw - Right off the NJT, and, this year, a nighttime view of the Manhattan skyline!

• Like 2

This show, with everything else aside, is worth it just to see the Skyliners on a field framed by that skyline that adorned their bass drum for lo so many years. How often do you see THAT ???

• Like 2

This show, with everything else aside, is worth it just to see the Skyliners on a field framed by that skyline that adorned their bass drum for lo so many years. How often do you see THAT ???

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: