San Antonio Regional

Hopefully Spirit's show can impress me this time!

I always go into the season thinking I am going to be bored by the Troopers doing the same ole thing they do every year. To some extent that criticism is valid, but I always end up really loving their shows. I think they actually do a really good job of taking what should be a really traditional, somewhat stale idea and bringing a lot of new ideas in to make them fresh. I am regularly surprised by how interesting their shows are.

A twitter comment the other night (regarding BK's voice over), said that it made the show too WGI-like.....and now that's all I think of when I watch some of these shows. I like the shows.....but not sure if I like all the voice over.

I'm not familiar enough with WGI to know why that is a problem. I do not normally like the use of narration/voice-over/story telling in drum corps. It is usually overbearing, distracting, and at times ... condescending. There are exceptions to that though ... and for me, BK gets it right this year. The narration adds more to the show than it takes away.
  • Like 1

The Troopers show would have blown them away at the American Legion Nationals in 1977.

Ha! That's exactly what I was thinking. I love the Troopers - but their show concepts are ages old.