San Antonio Regional

Loving the Troopers show! Can't wait to see them the 23rd!

See, and to my mind, if you're going to do a show that uses a lot of voiceover/character work, you have to put on your big kid pants and go all the way with it (which Colts do).

Blue Knights use a lot of voiceover too, but don't go big the same way. They're playing it safer, but it's less convincing, as a result.

All IMHO, of course.

I, respectfully, disagree totally. IMO BK hits just the right balance with spoken word, musical choices and mood.

Love the Colts show!! On the Fan Network, every word of narration could be heard and the marching and drill looked amazing! This show has is going upward FAST!!!!

• Like 1

I, respectfully, disagree totally. IMO BK hits just the right balance with spoken word, musical choices and mood.

And to me, it's the disembodied voice of a college sophomore who's convinced that her poetry is really deep.

So there ya go.

• Like 3

Really?

Go find Spielberg and John Williams and tell them they've been f---ing up all these years. :cool:

You do realize that many people criticize Williams and Spielberg for being too emotionally manipulative in their work, don't you?

• Like 2

It's not narration, it's voice over. It's easy to confuse the two...but yea, it's pretty heavy and unnecessary most of the time. Which is sad, as the kid does it well. Reminds me of Cadets' "This I believe" if it had been done with decent voice acting.

Which is what they've claimed all along!

The 2014 Colts present...Dark Side of the Rainbow, an ambitious step into the integration of theatre and the pageantry arts. We invite audiences throughout the land to join us on this journey of discovery.

Melding narrative within a musical landscape, the Colts approach the creation of their program as an “Orwellian” cinematic musical.

Utilizing a full complement of brass and percussion, along with color guard interpreting iconic rock albums The Dark Side of the Moon, OK Computer, and Pablo Honey...a single actor…on a very large stage, gives a classic soliloquy with inspirations from Shakespeare to Roger Waters to Radiohead.

Veteran arrangers Chuck Naffier (brass) and David Nelson (percussion), working hand in hand with storyteller Wayne Harris, coupled with the vision of Marc Sylvester, create a story that will challenge our usual expectations of a drum and bugle corps show.

• Like 2