Any Predictions for Downingtown?

I'd like to have spoken from personal observation, but wasn't there. The one time I did see Bucs was at Grand Prix. That viewing was concerning from the standpoint of Bucs' ability to win it all again. Their performance was sloppy in parts, tentative, lacking in volume, and, at least when seen from down low, not properly designed. These same sentiments were heard over and over from others who had seen them more than just a few times before. There was real apprehension about 2014.

From what I was told, many of the same people viewing them at Downingtown were really surprised by the short turnaround of those earlier flaws. They were described as noticeably more confident, cleaner, louder, etc. Some said the colorguard was near flawless. Who knows what's going on? I'll be anxious to watch how this plays out. I can tell you with certainty, that corps works extremely hard, some say too hard. From my single viewing at Grand Prix, it was obvious that's what would be needed.

I very much look forward to the reviews that could come from both Jeff Ream and Big W. Both of those guys know what they are watching and hearing. Unfortunately, both reviewers might not have had a good 'earlier' view of Bucs to confirm the improvement was dramatic, or not.

Edited by Fred Windish

Bottom line is that if you base things on raw score alone, Bucs are 2.2 points ahead of Cabs according to the Spandy thread. And given the fact that the homers were all talking about how "huge" a .8 spread was just 2 weeks ago, looks like the season is over, huh?

I have seen Reading in all of their shows this year. Their improvement in D'town, from Wayne & Secaucus, was "dramatic". I'm not going to bloviate and say the rest of the year will belong to Reading. My opinnion is that the Cab's-Buc's race is for real. Who ever comes out on top will be a much improved corps from earlier shows.

The 2 point bump has no revallancy. Different judging slates equate to different scores.

• Like 1

To me, and I was at the downingtown show and have seen the grand prix show, the downingtown performance was a dramatic improvement over the grand prix performance. I thought for sure they were going to score higher than what they received. I had them at around 87.7. The quality of their tone and the quality they played with at louder volumes was superb. I didn't hear the "Heroes" in this performance like I did in the Grand Prix. Everybody played well together and as an ensemble, was well together. This was a drastic improvement, and should be applauded because of the fact they made these improvements in such a short period of time. I thought it would take at least 3-4 weeks to fix the ensemble issues. Congrats to the bucs on a Great Great show.

Bottom line is that if you base things on raw score alone, Bucs are 2.2 points ahead of Cabs according to the Spandy thread. And given the fact that the homers were all talking about how "huge" a .8 spread was just 2 weeks ago, looks like the season is over, huh?

Or the season is over next weekend when the Cabs get ahead of the Bucs since they're swapping weekends off/on.

Your inability for rational thought and common sense is just astounding. I feel sorry for you

• Like 3

Or the season is over next weekend when the Cabs get ahead of the Bucs since they're swapping weekends off/on.

Your inability for rational thought and common sense is just astounding. I feel sorry for you

Are you sure you should be mentioning rational thought? Your glasses are very red.

Perhaps you missed my point, which was to point out how ridiculous folks are being to imply that Bucs could not have improved "dramatically" simply because they only improved in score by 2.5. Does anyone actually believe that the Bucs have opened an over 2 point spread? Certainly not I. So, as much as I appreciate the sentiment, no need to feel sorry. Edited by VOReason

"DRAMATIC"? Didn't they only go up 2.5 points? Hardly dramatic

based on chats with the staff as well as from reading reports, yes dramatic. There's still lots of micro cleaning to do, but the show is actually starting to gel and hold.

• Like 1

Dramatic would be a 5 point bump. This would be in the realm of normal

dramatic just isn't a score. lots of times things finally click that were issues that may not translate to a bigger score yet, but will.

• Like 1