Allentown . . . DAY ONE!

In Phantom's opener, that tuba soli always sounds a shade late to me. Anyone else hear it that way?

I know the staff has heard it. They got after the tubas for it at one rehearsal back in early July. I don't know why it's still an issue though...

There's just a lot of refinement issues in the hornline. Laser tone, missed releases, blend.

It has been argued that the pose is meant to parody all the squat moves other corps make. Don't know if that's true.

"If it is, then I like it. Lacroix. Sweetie, Lacroix!" Eddie from Absolutely Fabulous

Sorry for nitpicking Phantom's hornline

They've really improved a lot though over the last couple of weeks after what I thought was a *really* rough and atypical Phantom early season. Not perfect by any means, but a better brass line than BAC (but not BK).

• Like 1

I know the staff has heard it. They got after the tubas for it at one rehearsal back in early July. I don't know why it's still an issue though...

Well, the performer, for whatever reason, isn't hearing it or adjusting it. And yea, it's not the first time. If the performer isn't willing or able to make the adjustment, all the rehearsal in the world won't fix it, even to the point of tuning sharp.

Phantom's costume change was inspired by Buccaneers' "Black Symphony", right? Starts in the battery backfield, goes from light to dark?

Yea, this was a Bucs move all the way. Mid-show uni changes have been all the rage the last three years. Some work, some don't.

"If it is, then I like it. Lacroix. Sweetie, Lacroix!" Eddie from Absolutely Fabulous

That's what I've been told.

tumblr_ltdpm5iXX31qinfp2o1_500.jpg

• Like 3

Still don't like the Inca head pieces. They are definitely not Lacroix!

Edited by MelloNell