8/5/14 Open Finals

No changes from last night's performance order for tonight's finals. Based upon the scores from the Preliminaries, the battles are:

• can Vanguard make up 0.775 on BD to win?
  • will 7th, Genesis or Spartans gain/lose a collective point or so to switch 3rd to 5th?
  • will Legends, Music City, Gold gain/lose a collective point or so to switch 6th to 8th?
  • can Coastal Surge make up 0.600 on Colts?

Good luck to all the corps.

Open Class World Championship Finals
Ames Field, Michigan City, IN
Tuesday, Aug. 5, 2014

5:00 PM – Gates Open

6:00 PM – Patria (exhibition)
6:17 PM – Blue Saints (exhibition)
6:34 PM – Racine Scouts (exhibition)
6:51 PM – Les Stentors
7:08 PM – Coastal Surge
7:25 PM – Colt Cadets
7:42 PM – Raiders
7:59 PM – Legends
8:16 PM - Music City

8:33 PM – Intermission (17 minutes)

8:50 PM – Gold
9:07 PM – 7th Regiment
9:24 PM – Genesis
9:41 PM – Spartans
9:58 PM – Vanguard Cadets
10:15 PM – Blue Devils B

10:32 PM – Awards Ceremony

Central time zone. All times approximate and subject to change.

If the judges can get together on general effect scores, although not literally, Genesis should place third with their very technically difficult show that has been very well executed.

Coastal Surge should be performing right now. I saw them in their first show this year, an exhibition at a DCA show. The crowd really cheered then on an they had a good show I think. When they left the field they all had huge smiles on their faces, They weren't the Blue Devils or Cadets but they had come together and performed a good show in front of an appreciative crowd. Seeing them and talking with a few after the show you could see t accomplishment and general happiness in their show. I had at time thought sometimes the activity becomes over competitive, but seeing the look in those kids faces after they did their show made me appreciate the experience that all the performers in Open Class have. So I just need to wish them the best of luck and say thanks for giving me a reason to follow Open Class this year,

Edited by totaleefree

Yea. A few years ago they had at least prelims on the FN live stream, and a live blogger there.

yea and what really sucks with a capital SUCK is the fact that we most likely won't even see tonights show until Monday or Tuesday!!!

:thumbdown: