2015 Predictions

Agreed, while you don't typically see dramatic rises it can happen- look at the Bluecoats as example. I think the fact we know most judges names and about them proves that there's no hiding. They perform to the best of their ability and there is transparency! Slotting doesn't exist, but, moving up/down multiple placements is never a given

• Like 1

Well, it's certainly worth noting that the consensus opinion on DCP is that there will be very little change from last season to this one. Most individual predictions keep the status quo for most of the corps, just moving a handful up or down notably. And then everyone's different opinions approximately balance out.

So when people here complain about the judges "slotting", they should perhaps turn the charge back on themselves.

Or alternatively, rather than being critical of the fans, give fans the credit for their insightful ability to determine that the placements tend not to have volatilty from one season to anorther. ( an objective, thoroughly rational, correct observation, imo ) And that this assessment by the fans is based upon the placements from one season to another made on the basis of the DCI judging community actual placements itself.

• Like 1

Ok, so when is the deadline for last predictions?

When the heart stops beating, and you draw your last breath.

It never ends 2016 already cranked up... We should just open it up all the way to 2020:)

Or alternatively, rather than being critical of the fans, give fans the credit for their insightful ability to determine that the placements tend not to have volatility from one season to another (an objective, thoroughly rational, correct observation, imo), and that this assessment by the fans is based upon the placements from one season to another made on the basis of the DCI judging community's actual placements itself.

Ah, I wondered if someone would turn my observation around that way--and I should have guessed it would be you.

• Like 1

Ah, I wondered if someone would turn my observation around that way--and I should have guessed it would be you.

That was insightful of you, albeit a bit late, N.E. Brigand ( haha!)

1. Cadets

2. Blue Devils

3. Carolina Crown

4. SCV

5. Bluecoats

6. Cavaliers

7. Blue Knights

8. Phantom Regiment

9. Blue Stars

10. Boston Crusaders

11. Crossmen

12. Blue Devils B

1. Bluecoats

2. Cadets

3. Blue Devils

4. Santa Clara Vanguard

5. Carolina Crown

6. Cavaliers

7. Phantom Regiment (?)

8. Blue Stars

9. Blue Knights (?)

10. Boston Crusaders (?)

11. Crossmen (?)

12. Madison Scouts

It never ends 2016 already cranked up... We should just open it up all the way to 2020:)

Why don't we make Arthur C. Clarke happy and move it to 2021...

• Like 1

Why don't we make Arthur C. Clarke happy and move it to 2021...

Arthur C. Clarke would be happy to know this in heaven. And if he's not home, the bell won't ring.

1. Bluecoats

2. Cadets

3. Blue Devils

4. Santa Clara Vanguard

5. Carolina Crown

6. Cavaliers

7. Phantom Regiment (?)

8. Blue Stars

9. Blue Knights (?)

10. Boston Crusaders (?)

11. Crossmen (?)

12. Madison Scouts

Yup.. we should know the question mark Corps a bit more by this weekend. I don't have a clue right now.