2015 Predictions

1. Blue Devils - I don't see anything changing coming off of the highest scoring show in history.
2. Cadets - Early season cleanliness and a show with lots of room to grow finally pushes the Cadets to that elusive silver medal.
3. Carolina Crown - Slowly working their way back up after their fall from the top.
4. Santa Clara Vanguard - They've been pushing to the top over the past several years, but still fall short of a medal.
5. Bluecoats - Most corps disappoint the year after a hugely successful show.

6. Blue Knights - They continue their competitive surge from last year, pushing into the top 6.

7. Phantom Regiment - City of Light. Average Phantom Regiment, nothing spectacular. Same can be said of their placement.
8. Cavaliers - Their first score wasn't that good. Unless they can make massive strides, I see them missing the top 7 for the second time in the past 4 years.

9. Boston Crusaders - Better than last year. Conquest is a much more achievable show for the talent level at the Crusaders.
10. Blue Stars - first showing wasn't too good. I don't see them getting much higher.
11. Madison Scouts - From what I've heard, their show is subpar. No change from last year.
12. Troopers - Troop finally breaks the top 12 with their best product in years.
13. Crossmen - Rainbow unis just fall short of Finals this year.
14. Colts - A fall from almost making Finals last year.
15. Oregon Crusaders - this corps has been pushing. Finals seem on the horizon.

16. Blue Devils B - they have a history of beating world class corps. Why can't they do it again?

17. The Academy - Mary Poppins can't take them to Finals this year.
18. Spirit of Atlanta - this corps is unfortunately on its way down. From what I've heard, another unclear

1. Blue Devils - I don't see anything changing coming off of the highest scoring show in history.

2. Cadets - Early season cleanliness and a show with lots of room to grow finally pushes the Cadets to that elusive silver medal.

3. Carolina Crown - Slowly working their way back up after their fall from the top.

4. Santa Clara Vanguard - They've been pushing to the top over the past several years, but still fall short of a medal.

5. Bluecoats - Most corps disappoint the year after a hugely successful show.

6. Blue Knights - They continue their competitive surge from last year, pushing into the top 6.

7. Phantom Regiment - City of Light. Average Phantom Regiment, nothing spectacular. Same can be said of their placement.

8. Cavaliers - Their first score wasn't that good. Unless they can make massive strides, I see them missing the top 7 for the second time in the past 4 years.

9. Boston Crusaders - Better than last year. Conquest is a much more achievable show for the talent level at the Crusaders.

10. Blue Stars - first showing wasn't too good. I don't see them getting much higher.

11. Madison Scouts - From what I've heard, their show is subpar. No change from last year.

12. Troopers - Troop finally breaks the top 12 with their best product in years.

13. Crossmen - Rainbow unis just fall short of Finals this year.

14. Colts - A fall from almost making Finals last year.

15. Oregon Crusaders - this corps has been pushing. Finals seem on the horizon.

16. Blue Devils B - they have a history of beating world class corps. Why can't they do it again?

17. The Academy - Mary Poppins can't take them to Finals this year.

18. Spirit of Atlanta - this corps is unfortunately on its way down. From what I've heard, another unclear

A few points:

1. Cadets are amazing but not clean.

2. Why does Bluecoats fall after a successful season and Blue Knights move up?

3. Blue Stars have a very good show.

I posted early predictions way back during the winter...but I like Scandanavia's method, so I'll take another shot:

Hopeful Actual

1 BD 1 BD (I don't go against the reigning champ unless convinced to do so otherwise)

2 Crown (If nothing else, I LOVE dark) 2 Cadets

3 Cadets 3 Crown (by the slimmest of margins from 2nd...maybe even as little as .025)

4 SCV (Totally uninformed...just going by past tradition) 4 Bluecoats (More audience appeal here than nuts and bolts. But GE being GE...)

5 Bluecoats (See #4 to the right, But without GE being a savior) 5 SCV (Why? See opposite column)

6 BAC (Because it's BOSTON. All the justification I need.) 6 Blue Knights (Again, no basis. But a constantly upward-rising group.)

7 Blue Knights (Because Denver is trumped by New England) 7 Phantom (Just because.)

8 Troopers (Hey, as every Mets fan says....Ya' Gotta Believe!!) 8 Cavaliers (Very well could go higher...and very well might)

9 Cavaliers (Remaining best of what I've seen) 9 BAC (Sorry guys...let's just hope I'm being pessimistic)

10 Crossmen (See #8 above) 10 Blue Stars ( it's a long season guys, and you'll get it together)

11 Phantom (I won't be in Illinois anytime soon, soooo....) 11 Troopers (See #8 to the left. But...I'm also pragmatic)

12 (Tie) Madison and Blue Stars (Madison: 40 years of fandom 12 (Tie) Madison and Crossmen (Pass that Chicken-scented air freshener over

won't allow for anything other. Blue Stars: Please see this way....)

parenthetical comment #10 to the right)

EDIT: 1) YES, I do know that you don't jump from 14th in one year to 8th the next. But the column said HOPEFUL. remember?

2) YES, I do know that the above would result in ties on two successive nights. My only answer to that would be...see "Actual", parenthetical comment for #12)

3) DANG, this was a real sucker to type without benefit of tabs. Holy Mother Mary..............

Edited by HornTeacher

EDIT: 1) YES, I do know that you don't jump from 14th in one year to 8th the next. But the column said HOPEFUL. remember?

Yes it is very unusual and generally just not going to happen...but leaps are sometimes possible if the cards are right...yet this was another era of drumcorps (18 years ago)

BAC for example ( I'm sure there are others):

1998 15th

1999 9th

2000 5th

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 2

Yes it is very unusual and generally just not going to happen...but leaps are sometimes possible if the cards are right...yet this was another era of drumcorps (18 years ago)

1998 15th

1999 9th

2000 5th

just a couple others i know

Glassmen

1996 13

1997 8

1998 5

Blue Stars

2007 14

2008 8

1998 15th

1999 9th

2000 5th

leaps can surely happen BUT there are so many factors and alot has nothing to do with the corps leaping. Yes they have to get better BUT it also means others have to be not as good as before or are at a standstill. How many times have we seen vast improvements in a corps and they dont go up or even do worse.

Guess it's the very nature of competition

leaps can surely happen BUT there are so many factors and alot has nothing to do with the corps leaping. Yes they have to get better BUT it also means others have to be not as good as before or are at a standstill. How many times have we seen vast improvements in a corps and they dont go up or even do worse.

Guess it's the very nature of competition

I definitely agree...I was just pointing out that it wasn't impossible...

Then there is this:

1999 Boston Crusaders 9th

2000 Boston Crusaders 5th

2001 Boston Crusaders 9th

2002 Boston Crusaders 5th

2014 Boston Crusaders 10th

2015 Boston Crusaders 6th (so now you have my prediction)

Am I a homer for BAC? Why yes.

Have I seen Boston's show and am I able to compare it with the show last Wed? Why yes.

Flame on!~

Then there is this:

Have I seen Boston's show and am I able to compare it with the show last Wed? Why yes.

Flame on!~

Dying to see them!

Then there is this:

Flame on!~

but its an odd year this year :tongue: