Thank you.

So now that the season is over, and my emotions have subsided, I thought I'd take the time to focus on some positive things for a change.

To the Blue Devils, thank you. Thank you for raising the standard on performance execution. Although I didn't really enjoy the thematic material, you set a new standard of performance excellence that I'm pretty sure will only spur other corps to raise their standard as well. This will make the activity better.

Thank you Bluecoats, for putting a risky, exciting, fresh program on the field. You were the talk of the activity this season. Congrats on your first silver.

Thanks to The Cadets for sticking to a traditional Cadets-style program. Although some felt the need to try something new and daring, I actually thought this program was somewhat of a throwback to traditional Drum Corps. Congrats on another medal and for keeping some sort of a balance in the activity between avant-garde and old school.

Thanks to SCV for 1) putting a show on the field you've done 10 years ago, and still keeping a 4th place finish. And 2) thanks for being the only corps to win a caption other than the Blue Devils. It was nice to have someone step up and compete with a very, very good corps over the percussion caption.

Thanks to Crown for putting something so totally new and daring on the field. I felt it was classy to do something so totally different, not knowing if the show could even medal, even though you could have done something safer and tried for a repeat. I know your staff knew a medal this year was NOT a guarantee, but you still went and did this show anyways.

Thanks to the Cavs for the awesome marimba thing on the field, and for doing a theme like this that nobody else would ever dare do. Congrats on 6th.

Thanks to Phantom Regiment for the awesome Tchaikovsky. Although I felt your show was not as demanding as others ahead of you, it was still a beautiful, aesthetically pleasing program, in the way only Phantom Regiment can do. Thanks for sticking to classical music.

Thanks to the Blue Knights for surprising the DCI world with your 8th place finish. I was really hoping for 7th, but hey, very good season for you guys. A lot to be proud of. Moving on up?

Thanks to the Blue Stars! my favorite corps, for taking your 50th anniversary into a program so daring, with the whole "house" theme. It turned out very well, glad to see you back on track moving forward. Congrats on 4th in guard!!! Thanks for keeping me proud to be a part of your family. FCO always.

Thanks to the Crusaders for the absolutely wacky program. Wacky in a good way, of course. I'm not sure what you all meant to get out of a show like this, but regardless of where you finished, you came a long way from where you started. Thanks for taking this extremely difficult program and running with it until the end. I know this corps probably worked harder than almost every other corps this season, given the difficulty of the show. It was awesome to see this corps keep pushing and pushing and pushing, with seemingly no end in sight, until Finals. If you're disappointed with 10th, just remember, it's not where you finish, it's the journey.

Thanks to the Scouts for making music the fore-front of your program this year. Something DCI desperately needs, and yeah we all know your program was not relatively visually demanding, but man, your musical program was really cool, and was performed really well. I can appreciate a nice musical program such as this.

Thanks to the Crossmen, although I didn't see their show, was cool to see them back in Finals again. Don't really know what else to say.

And finally, a big thank you to the activity of drum corps itself. The last 3 months have been the most difficult months of my entire life, and I thank the Lord for this activity keeping me mentally grounded in reality, something I could cling to, and think about, other than the horrible things going on in my life. Drum Corps this season kept me from going mentally insane. Knowing that I have drum corps as a family behind me gives me a little bit of strength to deal with the loss I've endured recently. Regardless of where everyone finished, or what they scored, or what they did on the field, I am very, very grateful to be a small part of it.

What are you all thankful for this season?

• Like 4

I am glad your Drum Corp family has helped you with your loss. May God be with you and help you through it all.

• Like 1

I'm thankful for all the corps for stepping it up again. This season turned out to be another great one.

I'm thankful for the Bluecoats for being another corps to add some kind of surprise to DCI at the end of the season. I still wish they would have taken the gold as it would be great to get another corps to finally win their first championship, but I'm still happy for a show I get to blast on my smart tv.

• Like 2

Thank you to all the parents, band directors, and private instructors! It is because of them that these MM's are able to take part in the wonderful world of drum corps and keep the activity running. I saw drum corps in 06 for the first time, became interested in 07, developed a dream in 08, and followed through on that dream in 2009. I couldn't have done it without the support of my family and instructors!

• Like 1

Boywonder, corps saved my life. Literally. PM me maybe i'll explain but it was the only thing I had for 7 years of my life in a tight spot. Thank you for the positive post and not bashing the groups that are at the top in some way. Refreshing.

Really.....saved my life.

• Like 2

Agreed on corps helping people get through tough times. Been there.

and not just a thank you to the top 12, but all of the corps....this has been IMO the best season top to bottom I have enjoyed since 1999. Seriously even the shows I wasn't a fan of mostly held my attention.