Some Satire (... I hope)

http://www.rilenews.com/stories/sports/dci-will-allow-saxophones-next-season/

This popped up on my newsfeed today and I had a doubletake.

Edited by Hirsbrunner

how can you have an effective marching band without saxophones ? I suppose its possible, but it like having a gourmet meal in a 5 star restaurant with a glass of Moutain Dew instead of a glass of fine wine. Sure, you can have the Moutain Dew... but it really doesn't go with the setting and the meal for most people.

Is it time to change the name of this activity/organization from DCI (Drum Corp International)? How about the LVFS International (Las Vegas Field Show International). Or maybe we could just merge it all into MBA. No satire here.

Edited by Railfan

I thought this was going to be a post about BAC's satirical show or something like that...I really hate BLIND topics...The addition of Saxophones? Really? Is this story even true or is this someones feeble attempt at trying to upset the DC community...

Edited by Liahona

Just look at the rest of the stories on the site, and realize the tongue-in-cheek satire that is happening.

Just look at the rest of the stories on the site, and realize the tongue-in-cheek satire that is happening.

I didn't read that far...matter of fact I only read the headline...LOL

Saxophones?? Saxophones?? If they're going to allow saxophones, then I demand equal time for bagpipes...

:sarcasm:

I think we'll see Iphones in DCI field competition before Saxophones in DCI... and no, not the make believe ones first introduced into DCI by Jersey Surf.

It's a shame the talking cow was sent to slaughter before she could either confirm or deny the notion that some animals are more equal than others.

• Like 1