DCA Fan Network Prelims Live Feed Disruption?

At the moment, the Prelims don't appear to be available at all on the Fan Network. Reportedly the problem was only with the feed and not with the actual recording, so when the individual show videos are up, they should be fine.

• Like 1

DCA did not record this year's mini corps performance.

This decision apparently was made to encourage more groups to participate, on the grounds that the corps would save on costs they'd otherwise incur securing mechanical and synchronization rights. I would say the decision paid off: last year there were only four mini corps, but this year there were eleven.

All that said, at the moment, you can find all of this year's mini corps performances on Youtube.* That might change.

*Edit: I should note that the recordings on Youtube are not be DCA. Also, on another note, I am amused to see the back of my head in some of those mini corps videos. But then I'm easily amused. I was tickled to be able to see my car in the background throughout most of the DCI Open Class 2012 Finals video.

Edited by N.E. Brigand
  • Like 1

just got an e-mail from fan network .Saturdays prelims where for #### excuse my use of wording there . after the mess of Saturday ,I was told I could view them sunday .That never happened now its 4 days later and I get an e-mail each corps from prelims will be av. shortly .Well you know what next year i'll just wait to see the corps on utube .I bought into the package to watch all the corps .Put my computer on early with hopes Fan Network would start early showing the opening of the 50th for DCA .Not only did they not cover the opening ,but no coverage on the first 3 corps ,and then when it did come on it was like scambel eggs ,forget about seeing any ,I missed my old corps they came on showed the opening number or part of it ,And that's it blank screen They finally got there xxxxx together after two thirds of the show was over .

just got an e-mail from fan network .Saturdays prelims where for #### excuse my use of wording there . after the mess of Saturday ,I was told I could view them sunday .That never happened now its 4 days later and I get an e-mail each corps from prelims will be av. shortly .Well you know what next year i'll just wait to see the corps on utube .I bought into the package to watch all the corps .Put my computer on early with hopes Fan Network would start early showing the opening of the 50th for DCA .Not only did they not cover the opening ,but no coverage on the first 3 corps ,and then when it did come on it was like scambel eggs ,forget about seeing any ,I missed my old corps they came on showed the opening number or part of it ,And that's it blank screen They finally got there xxxxx together after two thirds of the show was over .

Prelim VOD's are available

just got an e-mail from Fan Network S aturday's Prelims were for ####--excuse my use of wording there. After the mess of Saturday, I was told I could view them Sunday. That never happened. Now it's four days later, and I get an e-mail: each corps from Prelims will be avail. shortly.

Well, you know what? Next year, I'll just wait to see the corps on Youtube. I bought into the package to watch all the corps .Put my computer on early with hopes Fan Network would start early showing the opening of the 50th for DCA .Not only did they not cover the opening ,but no coverage on the first 3 corps ,and then when it did come on it was like scambel eggs ,forget about seeing any ,I missed my old corps they came on showed the opening number or part of it ,And that's it blank screen They finally got there xxxxx together after two thirds of the show was over .

Well, I'm not sure that they'll all be on Youtube, and those that do get posted there might be deleted. Remember, composers have every right to be paid for having their songs arranged, performed, audio-recorded, and video-recorded. So DCA has a strong incentive to make sure that video for which they've had to pay composers (and hope to make back their money through CD / DVD / Blu-ray sales and FN subscriptions) isn't freely available on Youtube.

All the e-mails I received where signed off by Jameson from Fan work