3 months later....what shows are everyone still watching/ listening to

Several months after the season ends, I rarely watch video (except when the blu-ray discs arrive).
My wife puts up with my obsession during the summer, but after that I usually listen to shows in the car during the morning/evening commute.

Bluecoats, Blue Devils, Carolina Crown and Madison are basically on repeat when I listen to this past year.

Once the New Disc Scent wears off, I think it's going to be BD and Cavaliers that have staying power as To Watch shows.
All the other shows this year remind me of similar programs from recent years that I enjoy more.

-that said, 'Coats can serve as a teaching moment of how to employ high-power drill while working around a crowded field. Having a field full of stuff really tests how creative a drillwriter can get, always respect+ for the pens that up their game instead of submitting to the limitations and shrinking their field.

I just started listening to the CDs last week. I almost forgot how amazing some corps were this summer.

My most played:

1. Blue Knights (this show is officially one of my all time favs now, and was my fav all summer)

2. Blue Devils (first music book I've LOVED from BD since Finals went indoors. Music book is sublime and the performance and demand is on a whole other level. My favorite BD show musically since 2000, easily.

3. Phantom - This is surprising me. I'm a huge phan, but I haven't loved a music book since JD left, and this summer grew to like but not love. I'm growing to love from the CDs

4. Bluecoats - Great book, great performance

5. Cavaliers - Best book in ages from them

6. Crossmen - ditto

7. Cadets - enjoyed more than I expected. Perhaps more so just audio without the stage and additional distractions

8. Crown - ditto to Cadets comments.

9. Oregon Crusaders

10. Madison Scouts

11. Blue Stars

What has surprised me also is how much I'm am not liking SCV. I didn't love it this summer, and listening to the CDs the music book is really disconnected and almost un-engaging (how in the world do you do that to this incredible piece of music?).

Harvey

2007 Regiment is one of my favorite all time music books, ever. They are such a shadow of the superb books they had from 2003-2011, though 2014 is actually growing on me more & more this offseason

Elementary school music teacher speaking here: Those little finger play and movement songs like "eency weency spider" plant powerful seeds in future players and marchers. Get them to fall in love with music early!

A former part time pre-school worker speaking here. "eency weency spider" is better than "ants go marching one by one" for coordinating song with feet. As a guard instructor in the 70's and 80's I made the guard sing while spinning. I got tired of clapping, didn't have drum sticks and Dr. Beat wasn't invented yet. Learn to march, sing when you move and slowly add one instrument at at time. Sometimes movement shows what to play? Other times music dicates how to move? Choose mime, rhythm, tonal. The individuals may become one.

Back on topic. I watch SCV many times over many years for many reasons :smile: