3 months later....what shows are everyone still watching/ listening to

I had spent the past few months listening to the APDs from prelims and BD's opening statement was pretty much flawless on Thursday night apparently. The recording from Saturday night on the CD however makes me sad though as there's a bit of a tear before the first hit. I didn't seem to notice that same tear on the blu-ray though.

Anyone else pick up on this, or am I just going nuts?

I spent some time on the Fan Network last night going through non-finalists shows.

I found myself really liking the Oregon Crusaders show again. Even the Colts' show seemed more palatable with all that narration than it did during the season.

Either I'm enjoying shows more after having not watched them for awhile or I'm simply appreciating the talent members put out on the field in the activity during a period of withdrawal...heh.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

1. Cavaliers

2. Bluecoats

3. Blue Knights

4. Madison

5. Blue Devils

6. Crown

7. SCV

8. BAC

BD, Bluecoats, Crown.

I am starting to listen to SCV more and Blue Knights as well (It's taken me a while to understand how amazing that show is)

But BD's opening trumpet feature is so good I want it in liquid form. I wish I could of heard it live at finals.

• Like 1

BK, Coats, Colts, Xmen, OC, SOA. Yeah I have different tastes. :cool:

Edit - Yeah ohwiseone from above. I agree with ya on BK. That show grew on me more and more.

Edited by WWonka

BD, Bluecoats, Crown.

I am starting to listen to SCV more and Blue Knights as well (It's taken me a while to understand how amazing that show is)

But BD's opening trumpet feature is so good I want it in liquid form. I wish I could of heard it live at finals.

All of this.

Crown didn't impress me at all at the start of the season, but it now impresses me the most in the drum corps sense. It suddenly clicked at the end of the season. Everyone complains about how long the muffler feature goes, but it's not that big a deal. Overall, what a thrill ride!

BD is most impressive in the general performing arts sense. But it doesn't have as much "Where'd my face go?" as Crown and Bloo.

Thanksgiving weekend is the trigger for me. I haven't watched much from last season, although the _Kid is telling me all the time that he has BD, or Crown, or BK stuck in his head from listening.

This is how I am, too. I really haven't listened to any drum corps from last season other than Madison in the Macy's Parade, and a short YouTube clip of Crown from Japan. Once the season ends I have to get away from drum corps. Burns me out. My jump in point is usually early April, roughly on the weekend when the Masters Golf tournament is being held. In fairness, I was a band director 20 of the last 22 years, and fall band/marching band can wipe me out. At a small liberal arts college you don't have a 20 to 30 person staff, arrangers and writers, boosters, etc. So you, as a sole director, end up doing everything and if you're lucky you get a part time percussion person and a part time guard and majorette person (yes, we had to use them). :-)

Those of you that are band directors are small schools can certainly attest to this. I will stay away from recordings and videos until April, then I really feel enthused and primed for the season.

It's actually a good song to teach young people cadence, however, 8 to 5 works if you have a long stride.

The insty winsy spider went marching 8 to 5....

Elementary school music teacher speaking here: Those little finger play and movement songs like "eency weency spider" plant powerful seeds in future players and marchers. Get them to fall in love with music early!

Edited by luv4corps