Jersey Surf 2015

Surf tends to leave some shows early, usually depending on travel. I have seen them leave the DM's behind, and I've seen some shows with no DM's though the souvenir truck stays till people leave. I think for the sake of those who pay to see the show, at least the DM's should stay for awards. Leaving early could be a morale issue. While Surf always performs to an appreciative audience, their scores are often considerably behind their nearest competitors. Perhaps it's to keep the kids from getting discouraged.

For the DMs to stay behind, an entire vehicle (and its regular passengers, usually staff) would have to stay behind for them as well, and on a night like tonight, that would put that vehicle about 7 hours behind the rest of the fleet which took off from Atlanta for Virginia within an hour or two after their performance. The souvenir truck is on its own schedule, and doesn't have room for the DMs.

If DCI wants all DMs to stick around, then they would need to start spreading the pain to all the corps by mixing up the start times (something I think they should do anyway, for lots of reasons).