Season 24 Discussion

Welp.

The Texas Zephyrs continue their streak of never missing Finals...but it probably takes a miracle tonight (Thursday...whenever) to make the push into medaling.

Not bad for a live season. Not bad at all.

I'm personally intrigued to see what happens with the top two. It's gonna be exciting, that's for sure.

For the first time in their history, PWL has missed A Class Finals in a live season.

In their first years of operation, Pluto had finished 16th in class A. Neptune has shuffled into open class finals in 12th!

The Blue Ridge Brigade, who had come out on top more than once this season, ended up not making the finals. They didn't fall in ability, but instead stayed stagnant. Every corps around them continued to get better and better. But the corps is very happy with the success they've had this season!

Meanwhile, Swannanoa Silverstars placed sixth at prelims and has skated their way into finals night! They're hoping every little thing from this season will come together to help them do great things and achieve the best.

Congratulations to all finalists and, heck, congrats to all the performing corps!

Anyone else have a delay in scores? The last ones I can see are from August 3 Open/Class A Prelims.

Here's the schedule:

Monday 8/3: Open/A Class Prelims

Tuesday 8/4: Open/A Class Finals

Wednesday 8/5: World Class Prelims, part I (Open/A Class corps)

Thursday 8/6: World Class Prelims, part II (World Class corps)

Friday 8/7: World Class Semis (Top 25 from Prelims overall)

Saturday 8/8: World Class Finals

As for the scoring... well, I've been thinking about that. After DCPI 22, it was voted to allow Open/A corps to compete in the World Class Prelims just like DCI does it now. However, that requires moving Open/A class championships to Monday/Tuesday (like DCI) and would require nothing but generated scores for Finals. Which doesn't seem right to me, for a live season.

SO. Here is my plan for creating scores next week. Speak now or forever hold your peace.

Monday, 8/3 - DCPI Open/A Prelims || as DCI World Class competes at two shows that night, scores will be as normal: live scores for corps that compete, generated scores for those taking the night off.

Tuesday, 8/4 - DCPI Open/A Finals || my plan is to use the captions from DCI World Class Prelims on 8/6 for these scores. All "live" scores. The DCPI results would not be posted until Thursday night as a result.

Wednesday, 8/5 - DCPI World Prelims, Open/A Corps || generated scores. DCPI results would not be posted until Thursday night, since the PRIOR show would require Thursday's DCI scores, and the generated captions would be based off of that. Either Tuesday or Wednesday has to have generated scores, and it's more important to me that the Class Championships have live scores.

Thursday, 8/6 - DCPI World Prelims, World Corps || scores from DCI World Class Prelims this same day.

Friday, 8/7 - DCPI World Semifinals || scores from DCI Semifinals this same day.

Saturday, 8/8 - DCPI World Finals || scores from DCI Finals this same day.

• Like 1

*keeps refreshing scores page*

• Like 1