Western Corps Connection - Riverside, CA

Yeah, even I'm not complaining. Besides the respect and love I have for PR, BK isn't complete. I have to be honest and say I'm breathing a sigh of relief. With BK still sans closer, I expected the judges to sock it to em. So the fact they're still just tenth apart is shocking and good. It means the judges are rewarding what they see and also saying finish. They (BK) survived and are in good shape while also time to get complete. I for one think that had PR 2 pointed BK I would've understood and had BK beaten them again I'd have been surprised- For now;)

Still no closer?

When’s that going to be ready?

Is the lack of the closer showing up in the scores, can we tell?

They and PR seem stalled in scores and I think they are stalling each other, no one wants to make the call yet

Still no closer?

When’s that going to be ready?

Is the lack of the closer showing up in the scores, can we tell?

They and PR seem stalled in scores and I think they are stalling each other, no one wants to make the call yet

In theory, you aren't supposed to penalize a corps for not having a closer, as such, as long as they play for the minimum required performance time, you're just supposed to judge the show presented to you, as-is.

In practice, if it's obvious a show has more to go, that COULD theoretically hurt you in some ways (GE, for instance, if the show ends in such a way as to not complete the ideas, or create an unwanted cliffhanger).

From a purely competitive standpoint, I've always felt that shorter shows (approaching the minimum performance time) are the smarter route to take. Less material means less to clean, thus making it easier to max everything out. Of course you have fewer opportunities for GE moments that way, but you design a non-stop ride and go for it.

As a spectator, of course, I wouldn't be nearly as into that.

I quoted myself.... Interesting

Just so long as you don't start arguing with yourself,( and outloud ) you should be fine, Wes ( haha!)

Just so long as you don't start arguing with yourself,( and outloud ) you should be fine, Wes ( haha!)

No I already put myself in a straight jacket.... I'm good. They're putting the closer on the field in Oregon as I understand. Idea is to have it cleaned and polished before Drums