Drums Across the Desert - DCI Mesa

Judges didn't make a mesa that score for SCV... Yowza !

• Like 2

I'm interested to see how BK and Phantom will do against the Cavies. With the huge gap between Crown and Cavies, I'd imagine the Cavies will be in the same grouping as BK and PR this year.

Thats how it will probably be. Of course Phantom and BK could end up being in the madison/blue stars tier too. Unlikely, but it could happen.

Im personally hoping for BK to get 6th though.

I'm interested to see how BK and Phantom will do against the Cavies. With the huge gap between Crown and Cavies, I'd imagine the Cavies will be in the same grouping as BK and PR this year.

I can see those three duking it out all summer. It should make for some fun competition.

Attended the show last night. Great crowd; stadium near capacity.

Stellar performance from SCV. The team of the Rennicks and JD are lining up Vanguard for a long competitive run.

A tough trio for Phantom to replace but percussion now seems to be settled with Bret, Jesse and Rob. I wish I could dispel my concerns with the brass arranger side of the equation insofar as the apparent difficulty we have had in matching the past projective power of the arrangements of Wren, Klesch and Shaw. I am pleased that our Visual competitiveness has taken a turn for the better.

On a lighter note, the lightening which occurred to the north during their show certainly heightened Vanguard's Spark. Perhaps analogous to Mr. Hopkins' fire station gambit a few year's back.

The Regiment continues to improve. I attended their rehearsal earlier in the day and I am confident that they will continue to sort out the program difficulties that have obsessed a few posters.

The Academy has a delightful show.

Agree with the relative scores and spreads.

Golden Empire was very impressive for a second year corps. Congratulations to their staff and MM. More competitive California corps are just a matter time.

The only bump in the road last night was that during PR's performance, another corps' brass warm-up routine noticeably intruded from afar.

Edited by 1956OPR
  • Like 1

Attended the show last night. Great crowd; stadium near capacity.

Stellar performance from SCV. The team of the Rennicks and JD are lining up Vanguard for a long competitive run.

A tough trio for Phantom to replace but percussion now seems to be settled with Bret, Jesse and Rob. I wish I could dispel my concerns with the brass arranger side of the equation insofar as the apparent difficulty we now have in matching the past projective power of the arrangements of Wren, Klesch and Shaw. I am pleased that our Visual competitiveness has taken a turn for the better.

On a lighter note, the lightening which occurred to the north during their show certainly heightened Vanguard's Spark. Perhaps analogous to Mr. Hopkins' fire station gambit a few year's back.

The Regiment continues to improve. I attended their rehearsal earlier in the day and I am confident that they will continue to sort out the program difficulties that have obsessed a few posters.

The Academy has a delightful show.

Agree with the relative scores and spreads.

Golden Empire was very impressive for a second year corps. Congratulations to their staff and MM. More competitive California corps are just a matter time.

The only bump in the road last night was that during PR's performance, another corps' brass warm-up routine noticeably intruded from afar.

Great news for Phantom! I can't wait to see how the show progresses!