Salaries/Health Insurance/Benefits

I work in HR and am always curious what people make and what their benefits are.

Do any of you know specific comps on Directors/Designers, etc. of top 12 staff.

Do they receive benefits?

Are they provided health insurance.

Just curious.

They should make good money for what they put on the field, but I suspect they don't receive that much.

I know they probably do bands and other stuff, but I am interested in what the corps pay them.

I marched in a top 3 corps in the late 80's and remember the director made 35k.

Thanks!

People in not for profits never make as much as those business world & lawyers and MDs.

Heck, Cavaliers staff was pretty much volunteer and are only now advertising for their first full time (paid) CEO.

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/2015/07/cavaliers-begin-search-for-executive-director/

Previous major corps to shift from volunteer admin. to paid staff was Crown. Director held simultaneous job in the Insurance industry.

Edited by xandandl

According to YEA's 990's George Hopkins reported salaries range in the 150k plus annually, any reported bonuses not included.

This year, he has requested the 150K be paid out in 10 dollar bills.

• Like 3

Hopkins does all the fall band stuff though too, correct?

He's in charge of it all, last time I checked.

One look at their calendar and website and they've got a do fairly diversied lineup with a lot of revenue streams (U.S. Bands, dance classes, etc).

I'd imagine designers and any paid summer staff are paid through 1099's.

Edited by Runner235

Hopkins does all the fall band stuff though too, correct?

I would suspect those tasks are delegated to others within the organization as a part of particular job descriptions; with George Hopkins having possible oversight, of some sort.

The G7 corps, and several of the larger non g7 corps (madison, bac, troopers) are, or should, be able to compensate their staff now a days. Not the volunteers of course.

Not saying that they are living high on the hog, but they also arent poor.

Smaller corps might be a different story. Typically they are based on a few big donors to get them through, with smaller donations helping. The key is having a balance so you aren't too dependent on a handfull of people.

But there was a (what is now) a g7 corps that not too lobg ago was on the brink of collapse, but was bailed out. I obviously will not name said corps and you can believe me or not. But now they are stable.