Drums Along the Rockies! (7/11/15)

I'm really excited about this! We've got a lot of really cool events going on for this years show!

First, in the morning, we've got the Day of Percussion Clinic that will be hosted by us featuring Ralph Hardimon (DCI HoF), Mike Jackson (WGI HoF), Rod Kosterman, Mike Nevin (BKPE Director), and the rest of the Blue Knights Percussion Ensemble Staff!

We've also got a cool "Meet Up at the Warm-Up Zone" event that is open to the public that includes concessions, a cash/credit bar, and performances by the Broncos Brass and Stampede Drumline! This will be a cool place to meet up with fans, and alumni and others! You can find it at the DIA-styled tent under the Colfax overpass!

Also, we've got some really neat new merchandise for sale including new hats, shirts, and cool accessories including rubber wristbands and headphones! Come get some neat merch! Also at the merchandise table we will have a "Guess the Dots" competition where we have a jar full of Dots from the 90's uniforms. The correct guess wins a free 90's styled Legacy shirt, so come check that out!

Before the show there will be an exhibition feature Day of Percussion participants and an Honor Guard!

List of corps and performance times (Mountain Time):

7:00 pm - Cascades - Seattle, WA

7:17 pm - Mandarins - Sacramento, CA

7:34 pm - Pacific Crest - Diamond Bar, CA

7:51 pm - Oregon Crusaders - Portland, OR

8:08 pm - Spirit of Atlanta - Atlanta, GA

8:45 pm - The Academy - Tempe, AZ

9:02 pm - Troopers - Casper, WY

9:19 pm - Colts - Dubuque, IA

9:36 pm - Bluecoats - Canton, OH

9:53 pm - Blue Knights - Denver, CO

(Blue Knights will be performing the encore)

Remember your free Slurpie from 7/11!

Nobody had started this thread yet so I figured I would post my first show thread. This is a great lineup of last year's non-finalist corps. I'm very excited to see where everyone places! I will try and periscope throughout the show. My twitter handle is the same as my DCP name. Weather looks very nice for the show! Mid 80s, partly cloudy, and no chance of rain.

Sports Authority Field at Mile High
1701 Bryant Street
Denver, Colorado 80204

Schedule

8:30am – Check-in/Registration for “Day of Percussion” clinic
9:00am – “Day of Percussion” clinic begins
12:00pm – Ticket office open at stadium
4:00pm – Warm-up Zone open to the public
4:30pm – “Day of Percussion” clinic concludes
5:00pm – Stadium gates open and jam session by Broncos Stampede & Broncos Brass at Warm-up Zone
6:30pm – Opening Ceremonies featuring “Day of Percussion” drum line, Rocky Mountain Color Guard Association Color Guard and Broncos Brass
10:00pm – Drum Line Battle: Blue Knights vs. Bluecoats
10:30pm – Scores announced

9:53 pm - Blue Knights - Denver, CO
9:36 pm - Bluecoats - Canton, OH
9:19 pm - Colts - Dubuque, IA
9:02 pm - Troopers - Casper, WY
8:45 pm - The Academy - Tempe, AZ
8:08 pm - Spirit of Atlanta - Atlanta, GA
7:51 pm - Oregon Crusaders - Portland, OR
7:34 pm - Pacific Crest - Diamond Bar, CA
7:17 pm - Mandarins - Sacramento, CA
7:00 pm - Cascades - Seattle, WA
Edited by JoshClements403

You were just beat

If only i posted this a few minutes earlier. Oh well, I guess they can just be merged or mine can be deleted

• Like 1

If only i posted this a few minutes earlier. Oh well, I guess they can just be merged or mine can be deleted

I'd be cool if they merged them, I left some info out that yours has! Mods, can we do this? :)

Oh to be the first to start a show thread!

I don't really understand this whole Drumline Battle thing. Last year Bloo went up against Crossmen and now BK? They pair up corps whose drumlines are on very different levels.

Hope everyone who is going has a good time, really bummed I couldn't make it this year. Had an absolute blast the week of in Colorado lat year, absolutely beautiful, great venue as well. Looking forward to the cast tomorrow, what a great lineup of shows. Could care less if there were finalists or not, I'd love to see almost all of those shows. Some just pure, fun, entertaining drum corps.

Prediction time:

1) Bluecoats - 84.95

2) Blue Knights - 80.05

3) Troopers - 74.55

4) Colts - 73.05

5) The Academy - 72.95

6) Pacific Crest - 71.05

7) Spirit of Atlanta - 69.95

8) Oregon Crusaders - 69.05

9) Mandarins - 68.95

10) Cascades - 66.05

Cannot wait for this cast.