Cavies/Scouts-Time for a change?

As the OP, all I was looking for discourse, engagement, enlightenment, etc. If this is a rehash, my apologies, but based on the number of responses thus far...it still seems to be a topic worthy of discussion for some (not all).

Let me throw this socrative question in there. Given DCI's current status with respect to marketing, its mission etc., do you think a new all-male or all-female corps could be started in today's climate? I supposed if it was attached to an organization such as the boys scouts or girls scouts, then certainly it could.

I'm not sure how much luck you would have saying you want to start a new corps in an activity that's overwhelmingly co-ed, but I only want to have teenage girls....

I'd be in favor of a start up of ANY mix make up of a new Corps.... all Female, All Male, Coed, Transgender, All Senior Citizen, All little Children, you name it. Just start the dam thing with any friggin' configuration that you believe might work... I don't care. Just try it, and see how it goes.

• Like 2

Already did that, Brasso. Scout House Cadets are alive and well into our third year!

edit - and I'd love to post a link to our website or a picture, but I'm not having much luck with either one of those dialogues....

Edited by Grandpa
  • Like 1

Tell that to the Scouts. I'm not the one that labeled her that to not give her a jacket or a nail.

I believe Carmen and Alice were both invited to participate as "guest performers".

Every time I see this thread title my brain thinks, "Naw, Madison did Stan Kenton tunes last year, it's too soon."

That is all.