Big, Loud, & Live 12

I think the thing to keep in mind is that the first show broadcast is not as old as Big, Loud, and Live. Where in past experience more attendance is at the prelims show. I've been in 3/4 full shows for the first show. But the prelims is almost always full/sold out.

Looks like we switched places...after years in Orange County I am now in Hawaii and went to the Dole Theaters in Honolulu for the first telecast in June...overall the theater was fairly full with a fair number of alums (I saw a Blue Stars, Mandarins and Madison jacket while there) and some band kids. Overall the crowd seemed to be pretty well into it; I'm hoping it will be better in two weeks.

Last couple years it had a decent amount of band kids. I've seen an SCV jacket there before, I think he's actually from Hawaii if I remember correctly. It's night and day different from the first and last time I watched prelims there. I just wished there was more around Dole because it would be fun to walk next door to say REAL by Ward, grab a drink and talk story.

went to watch the opening show in June and had a great time....not too many were at the theater at all.....I expected to be fighting for a seat but that was far from the case. I'm going to the prelims in the theaters and just wondering....since there's an intermission, will the theater also have an intermission?

went to watch the opening show in June and had a great time....not too many were at the theater at all.....I expected to be fighting for a seat but that was far from the case. I'm going to the prelims in the theaters and just wondering....since there's an intermission, will the theater also have an intermission?

In the past they put on that cheesy music, have the spinning logo, and you can go to the concessions or restroom.

In the past they put on that cheesy music, have the spinning logo, and you can go to the concessions or restroom.

figured it would be something like that.....I attended finals the last two years and it was amazing.....wish I could afford to again this year, the top 5 will be unbelievably close that anyone could take the title. But since I can't be there, I'll settle for watching quarters in the theater. So at least I can still see the corps for the start of the 3 day championship shows.

Thanks Spandy.

I must reiterate how disappointed I am in the "fan network" this year. I really do not want to sit in a theater for 5 hours...with a bunch of talking high school kids.

I think what I like about the movies is that I can be in a room of people excited to see what is being performed. I get the kids can be giggly and talkative, but usually not during a performance. As well, most of the time it allows for the ability between corps to turn and talk to your friends about what you liked about the previous performance or what you are excited for that is coming up. all of which happens at a show out doors all summer.

So for those of us that the trip to Indy is too far to make, drum corps in the AC with a bunch of friends is quite enjoyable. I also feel 5 hours isn't long enough! Make it all the Prelims corps!

• Like 1

I think what I like about the movies is that I can be in a room of people excited to see what is being performed. I get the kids can be giggly and talkative, but usually not during a performance. As well, most of the time it allows for the ability between corps to turn and talk to your friends about what you liked about the previous performance or what you are excited for that is coming up. all of which happens at a show out doors all summer.

So for those of us that the trip to Indy is too far to make, drum corps in the AC with a bunch of friends is quite enjoyable. I also feel 5 hours isn't long enough! Make it all the Prelims corps!

Yes, all prelims. Even better yet, make championships rotate around the country once more

• Like 1

How about Finals in Jerry World? Back in Orlando for Finals? Camp Randall?? Rose Bowl? Maybe something new like the Pacific Northwest? So many options! Plus it would greatly assist in #growdrumcorps