Big, Loud, & Live 12

Now just a little off topic, but there are some really nice bands out in your area. And hopefully in the future the west Texas and Lubbock area bands can compete well for 6A state.

And back on topic, I know Texas is a hot bed for DCI at the movies, any other states with large followings of packed theaters?

Definitely improving every year, I went to Canyon and I'm at WTAMU right now. 5A should be good next year, I know Canyon's really gunning for a state spot, and a bunch of the other 5As are really improving, should be a strong year. To tie it back in topic, the improvement of all these band programs seems to have correlated along with the attendance of all the DCI theater events. Who knows, been pretty fun to watch.

I will be at the theater in Temecula Ca. I expect it to be packed. With Riverside 15-20miles away, this area is a hot bed for drum corps fans.

My daughter and I are going to south Austin to see it - for the past few years they've had I think 3 theaters in town showing DCI/Fathom stuff.

Mike

I went to school in Austin, but of course was never around for a theater show as I was marching back then. Which theaters show it?

I will be at the theater in Temecula Ca. I expect it to be packed. With Riverside 15-20miles away, this area is a hot bed for drum corps fans.

I'm assuming most of the fans are of West Coast/Cali corps, so of course Cali should have great turnouts for the show.

Does anyone know why when purchasing tickets on the Fathom website when you click 'Buy' on some of the theater locations it says 'No Show Times Listed' while others give you the option to buy a ticket? I figured if the theater was listed on the schedule of shows it was showing the DCI event, but maybe not?

Does anyone know why when purchasing tickets on the Fathom website when you click 'Buy' on some of the theater locations it says 'No Show Times Listed' while others give you the option to buy a ticket? I figured if the theater was listed on the schedule of shows it was showing the DCI event, but maybe not?

I would call the theater and ask. That's what I had to do in a similar situation here in upstate NY.

My understanding is that some theaters don't put out their showtimes and purchase availability until the week of the showing (with the exception of special events). Maybe they just didn't understand that it was a special event that should go to presale. But as the above poster noted, I would 100% call before buying just through Fathom.

Just like a question ahead of the game, but how well will the Bluecoats audio setup come through in your theater? Does it sound like the real performance of will there be a different sound with the setup of theater speakers?

Maybe another corps affect could be lessened by the theater experience? Will we get the full sound of Madison? Hopefully they will get correct mic placement for the Colts show. Any cool effects that could be missed by the multi-cam shots of the corps?

Just like a question ahead of the game, but how well will the Bluecoats audio setup come through in your theater? Does it sound like the real performance of will there be a different sound with the setup of theater speakers?

Maybe another corps affect could be lessened by the theater experience? Will we get the full sound of Madison? Hopefully they will get correct mic placement for the Colts show. Any cool effects that could be missed by the multi-cam shots of the corps?

Haven't seen them live, but it was pretty #### loud in June at the cinecast. It was AWESOME.