The world according to George O

The Troopers are not in because they didn't execute a finals-worthy show well enough. Would this be a discussion without the X-Men penalty?

• Like 5

The bigger issue in that caption was content. Since Denver, that caption only rose above 8.0 in content one time and yet three judges had the kids outperforming the book in the last two weeks, and from what I saw, they changed little in the guard book. Seems to me, the judges were asking why they weren't giving those kids more to challenge them? I dunno, a month of stagnant content scores in one caption speaks to the judges, across the board, saying what they needed to see. At some point, it became too late.

You can't blame anyone but a fast fingered T&P Judge. 1 or 2 more seconds and Troop is in.

How about the fact a fast fingered brass section, and a fast fingered percussion section, and a fast fingered guard section propelled Crossmen, and Blue Stars into Finals ?

I thought Troopers had a shot after watching their strong and inspired effort Semi's Performance yesterday. But you know what ? Crossmen, Blue Stars both brought their A game as well, and both also upped their performance, both giving, imo, their best performances of the season in the Semi's. Had either of them given just a soso performance, Troopers would have been in, but they didn't. Even with the highly unusual 1.4 penalty to the Crossmen, it still was not quite enough to get the Troopers into that coveted Finals Top 12 spot. Crossmen, Blue Stars made the Top 12, Finals for 2015, because they earned it with their strong Semi's performances yesterday. Plain and simple, imo

Edited by BRASSO

Troopers need a stronger guard if they want to be back in finals. This has been an issue for a few years and continues to be so. I believe the spread between Trooper's and Crossmen's guard was correct

It hasn't really been close between Colts/Troopers and Crossmen/Blue Stars/Boston all summer. It's fluctuated between a 1.5-3 point gap head-to-head.

Subpar Guard & Visual... ah, the achilles heel... we see this a lot, whether its at the top, middle, or those just missing out on getting into Finals.

I will go one further. DCI wants a Texas unit in finals because of MONEY!

This sounds like the NCAA, haha. DCI is a tad different than the NCAA, MLB, NFL, NBA etc. where these organizations get TV money. DCI fans enjoy the activity, we don't purely watch one and only corp as we tend to do with our regional athletic teams.

I love DCP