Boston Crusaders 2016

The drill has a completely different look to it this year, thanks to Murphy, Murphy & Smith. I LOVE the field coverage!

" Murphy, Murphy & Smith " ? Sounds like a Boston law firm. Then again, BAC may need a law firm when the early season DCI judge panel of " Dewey, Cheatem & Howe " are there judging.

(haha.. oh, just kidding, and foolin' around... thanks for the preseason practice review)

What? Are BRASSO and I chopped liver? Glad you finally made it Craiga and thanks for a fair post.

You're a hot dog, Ghost, and you know it. I, on the other hand, am a rhubarb.

• Like 2

" Murphy, Murphy & Smith " ? Sounds like a Boston law firm. Then again, BAC may need a law firm when the early season DCI judge panel of " Dewey, Cheatem & Howe " are there judging.

(haha.. oh, just kidding, and foolin' around... thanks for the preseason practice review)

Those three gentlemen have (by my quick calculation) a combined 140 years of drum corps experience. Brasso, you mentioned a Boston law firm. Can you imagine what the result might be if a drum corps someday would have as the leader of its organization an actual lawyer? Perhaps even one who has local roots and a background in drum corps and music education as well? Now THAT would be interesting.....

. Can you imagine what the result might be if a drum corps someday would have as the leader of its organization an actual lawyer? Perhaps even one who has local roots and a background in drum corps and music education as well? Now THAT would be interesting.....

BAC has one now ( New Corps Director, that is also a BAC Alum, and Attorney by Occupation ). The cool cat is from the same litter box as me too ( haha!)

Edited by BRASSO

Brasso, you mentioned a Boston law firm. Can you imagine what the result might be if a drum corps someday would have as the leader of its organization an actual lawyer? Perhaps even one who has local roots and a background in drum corps and music education as well? Now THAT would be interesting.....

This Jepordy question will be answered after finals Saturday.

BAC has one now ( New Corps Director, that is also a BAC Alum, and Attorney by Occupation ). The cool cat is from the same litter box as me too ( haha!)

You are aware B that Craiga knows that and was having fun with his post? Boy did you strike out on that easy pitch!

You are aware B that Craiga knows that and was having fun with his post? Boy did you strike out on that easy pitch!

I knew right away what he was saying, you silly specter, you. So don't try and haunt me like this, or I'll call Ghostbusters and they'll shoot you into a gob of bad ooze from their proton packs.

Edited by BRASSO

I knew right away what he was saying, you silly specter, you. So don't try and haunt me like this, or I'll call Ghostbusters and they'll shoot you into a gob of bad ooze from their proton packs.

Your reply would have one believe otherwise.

Your reply would have one believe otherwise.

I shan't be responsible for little Faith hath he, nor for what remnants be, of unwilling disbelievers within our mighty fortress be.

Edited by BRASSO

Well, since emc2 mentioned me......I returned last night from about 24 hours at Castleton, which is all my schedule allowed. Unfortunately, in my line of work I never am able to get a two day weekend, so it was 4 hours to VT, soak it all in for 24 hours, then 4 hours home.

As I have said previously on DCP, I really dislike the "they're gonna be for real this year" kind of move-in hype, so there will be none from me. A few thoughts on my part, in no particular order:

The corps appears full to me. I think they are going with 76 brass and I did see four or five alternates on the sidelines during ensemble. I believe there are 38 in the guard with again some alternates who are present. The battery looks to be 9-4-5, but I think they may have a brass drummer injury they are dealing with. The front ensemble also seems to be full and rearing to go.

The horn line sounds different to me this year...I guess I would call it "more orchestral". My soprano player ear from 35 years ago can't tell you why the sound is different. Perhaps the Yamaha brass???

One of the cool things about the music is that while many younger people might not necessarily recognize some of the titles, I had several corps members tell me that they all could recognize it as soon as they heard it. And, they are excited.

The drill has a completely different look to it this year, thanks to Murphy, Murphy & Smith. I LOVE the field coverage! I can't adequately describe the design, but the coordination of the elements feels like the Core of Temptation but with props.

I don't want to give anything away, but the windmills are genius. Overall, the kids and staff all seem really motivated, and as usual BAC is eating well. I had brought my own food in the RV for the weekend, but I couldn't say no to the steak wraps when offered!

I have learned to not prognosticate based on move-in, but I will just say that I am thrilled with every aspect of what I saw and heard. The first show is in something like 23 days. Great work, one and all!

I trust you had a good mountain ride home.