Inconsistent guard judging

could be , although the so called bad apples usually get replaced by other bad apples in peoples eyes. we are dealing with people as well as subjectivity . I'm not so sure there will ever be everyone pleased or trusted. Look at other threads

that's the beauty of the aussie voting system. the least hated percolate to the top :-)

Yep, a number is just a number without the tape to back it up.

Or corps get a really good tape, and a number that isn't anywhere near that

Not necessarily downstairs like the percussion, but just having 2 would be nice.

There's pretty much three guard judges anyway. Guard is one of the only captions that gets judged for multiple sub-captions, i.e. Visual Proficiency and Visual Analysis are usually heavily tilted towards Guard as well. Then you throw in Visual GE, and guard comes across four different sub-captions

• Like 1

This for sure does happen as well as the opposite , a decent number and a useless tape...lol..listening you say to yourself WOW if we sucked that bad what did they say toXXXXXXXXX

Those are the worst days, a number that the tape doesn't back up, in either direction. Or when the numbers are slow to load, so you have no idea how idea how a judge scored before critique to know if their number backed up their tapes.

• Like 1

Hmmmm...of the 47 posts on this thread, the question which comes to my mind is this: how many of the people who have posted are actually certified Color Guard Adjudicators?? I know that I am not.

• Like 1

Or corps get a really good tape, and a number that isn't anywhere near that

Depends on what you call a good tape. If the judge is correctly identifying and crediting the book and excellence, chances are they'll give you a legitimate number. Maybe they won't PLACE you where you want. But their number will probably be reasonable.

"Good tapes" with bad numbers almost always means it wasn't actually a good tape; it was just one you liked :-)

There are exceptions for sure. And they make you want to strangle folks.

Edited by corpsband