MADISON SCOUTS 2016

All I see in Fresno thread is bi****** and moaning over BK and the lack of their complete show. No one seems to want to provide any insight into the shows. Maybe folks tonight will be more willing to critique.

This is exactly what I meant as well from the Fresno thread.

From watching lot videos it sounds like snares still have mylar heads. Is the plan still to switch to kevlar or not? They sound very muddy with mylar..has to hurt drum scores one would think.

I hope I'm wrong and it's just a lack of people talking but it feels like Scouts are being received well out west but not to the "holy smokes, oh my lawd what a show" level. Maybe I expected too much but figured this show wiuld be blowing the chat world up once it got in front of a live audience.

I hope I'm wrong and it's just a lack of people talking but it feels like Scouts are being received well out west but not to the "holy smokes, oh my lawd what a show" level. Maybe I expected too much but figured this show wiuld be blowing the chat world up once it got in front of a live audience.

I'm a Mad Homer through and through...But there's one thing I've learned over the years...There's a terrible amount of pre-season hype out there that's usually way off the charts as compared to reality. That said, Go Scouts!

• Like 1

I think that we will hear more about them in the chat world once they come back east. I think there is a lot of buzz out west about SCV, and probably rightfully so. There is also a lot of chat about BK since they placed the highest that corps has ever placed last year. So let's wait until the Scouts come back east into familiar base territory and I would think it will be different on the show threads.

That's what I'm hoping for, but I was hoping and expecting a bigger BOOM. I guess there isn't negative talk, so that's a good thing.

Yes, I think so. I realize that the 8 thru 6 spots is probably the most competitive grouping in DCI. And it can take more than a year to make a shift in those placements.

From watching lot videos it sounds like snares still have mylar heads. Is the plan still to switch to kevlar or not? They sound very muddy with mylar..has to hurt drum scores one would think.

Sparling did the same thing last year for a week or two and then switched over. Not sure on the philosophy behind it maybe it covers preseason dirt and they switch when they are ready? I wouldn't be worried.