MADISON SCOUTS 2016

I will say that I like the direction that Madison is going from a modern perspective. I just pray that they put their unique twist on the activity in some way that nobody else is doing. This will help distinguish them and move them up further I think. How can they be modern, and yet distinctively different from what everybody else is doing? I think that's the key to future competitive success. What can they bring, lights, holographics, etc?

Ramps....oh, wait. Done. Ha ha

I think that we will hear more about them in the chat world once they come back east. I think there is a lot of buzz out west about SCV, and probably rightfully so. There is also a lot of chat about BK since they placed the highest that corps has ever placed last year. So let's wait until the Scouts come back east into familiar base territory and I would think it will be different on the show threads.

And, BK is right in the thick of it already...and that's with them performing only half of their show! What happens when they add the 2nd half???...Beating everyone by 10???

• Like 1

I can't wait to see the Scouts again tonight

The show starts strong will a big hit- and they transition so smoothly into some toe-talking Jazz.

The middle of the show- or a bit after the middle they bust out this pop- beat- heavy synth use- but IT WORKS.

The transition after those 16 counts or so right into that Weber tune is simply amazing. The guard gives the show a lot of emotion- an intrigal part of the story of Judas- especially when the counting starts (biblical counting to 30)

Makes do an emotional impact and when 30 hits my gosh the brass sound as loud and awesome as can be. Holy cow the brass make a statement there!

So much love for this show- I'll be yelling my ### off for them tonight!

Thank you for the in depth review of your opinion on the show. It seems we are not hearing a lot about them from people on the actual show threads out there.

• Like 1

Thank you for the in depth review of your opinion on the show. It seems we are not hearing a lot about them from people on the actual show threads out there.

If you are able, check out FB tonight on the Scouts Alumni page, and probably the Scout's FB page as well. Alumni, Kevin Deisher will be sitting on the 50 tonight in the Stanford stadium sharing his insights. You will see comments there as well from the previous two nights. Also, check out the Periscope app on your smartphone (I don't know if you can view Periscope from your computer), and simply type in "Stanford" this evening, and more than likely someone will be broadcasting the show live (you can also see the other performances from the past two nights). The potential issue with that though is I believe tonight's show is being shown live via DCI...that might fall under some sort of licensing thingee.

And, BK is right in the thick of it already...and that's with them performing only half of their show! What happens when they add the 2nd half???...Beating everyone by 10???

They'll be judged on design and execution of the design. They're not penalized for having an incomplete show, so there won't be additional points when they are complete.

If they were penalized for bring incomplete, that's a different story.

They'll be judged on design and execution of the design. They're not penalized for having an incomplete show, so there won't be additional points when they are complete.

If they were penalized for bring incomplete, that's a different story.

Idk about that... BK was trailing phantom all the way until they finally put out their full show last year