MADISON SCOUTS 2016

Idk about that... BK was trailing phantom all the way until they finally put out their full show last year

There's nothing on the sheets that causes penalties.

• Like 1

I believe you. Im just not sure what explains the huge leapfrog over PR last year other than the fact that BK finally finished their show

I believe you. Im just not sure what explains the huge leapfrog over PR last year other than the fact that BK finally finished their show

They were significantly better in design and performance, IMO.

They were significantly better in design and performance, IMO.

Again I agree with you, but I think we're skirting around what I'm trying to get at. Phantom regiment was ahead of BK by a point and a half until BK put their show together. If the judges weren't penalizing BK in any way whatsoever, then I'm not understanding how the leapfrog happened

True. None of the caption judges assign any penalties. its not only not their calling, they are prohibited from doing so. Plus, it runs against the common culture now now that the DCI caption judges award points via the build up system... as such, they literally " penalize " noone for infractions, or imperfections, etc. DCI Judges award points for appealing to their personal" like" in things heard and seen on the field of competition now. The more they like, the more points a Corps gets. Judges in DCI Drum Corps used to assign points on what was played or executed " better ", but becuse of the completely different instruments being utilized, it now essentially comes down to what does the judges ( especially the GE judges ) personally " like " in the music and in the visual on the field of DCI competition now.

The assignment of penalties rests with the Chief Judge. He hears of the violation, evaluate it under the rules, and if the agreed too rulke was violated, he ( or she ) assigns the agreed too penalty assessment under the DCI guidelines.

Idk about that... BK was trailing phantom all the way until they finally put out their full show last year

BK was trailing Phantom because Phantom was better, not because Phantom had a complete show and BK didn't. I was there. Phantom was definitely better, from an execution standpoint at the beginning of last year.

Again I agree with you, but I think we're skirting around what I'm trying to get at. Phantom regiment was ahead of BK by a point and a half until BK put their show together. If the judges weren't penalizing BK in any way whatsoever, then I'm not understanding how the leapfrog happened

The leapfrog happened because BK's show was A LOT better in terms of design. So once they started cleaning faster than Phantom, they passed them up. Phantom was definitely better than BK at Stanford last year.

A lot more positive response from Stanford. Sounds like the men blew the stands down.

• Like 1