MADISON SCOUTS 2016

I don't think Madison fans over hype their corps as much as they tend to under hype the corps they'll be competing with. The impression seems to persist that when Madison comes out with a fantastic show they are guaranteed to move up, and frustration sets in when that isn't the immediate result. Other corps are putting out fantastic shows too. Madison could put out their best product in over a decade and fall a placement or two come finals, or move up a placement or two. This is the reality every corps faces.

Who do we under hype? Madison will be battling Cavies, BK and Phantom for 6th. I've said it since pre-season.

• Like 1

I think BK homers think they are going to suddenly bump up to the level of BD, SCV and Co when the whole show gets put on the field. That's not going to happen. No way.

. I agree completely. Will their score continue to improve? Of course, as all corps will. Any corps jumping more than two spot in a season is extremely unlikely in today's drum corps scene, and the top tier is certainly the most difficult to break into.
  • Like 2

Who do we under hype? Madison will be battling Cavies, BK and Phantom for 6th. I've said it since pre-season.

Ok.

. I agree completely. Will their score continue to improve? Of course, as all corps will. Any corps jumping more than two spot in a season is extremely unlikely in today's drum corps scene, and the top tier is certainly the most difficult to break into.

Exactly. No one is falling out of the top 5 this year. They are just on a different level.

I've given up trying to predict where corps will place anymore. There are simply too many variables to consider no matter how good you are. Being a Blue Stars homer, I tend to think they should be beating corps they maybe shouldn't be. I think that rings true for a lot of people who are fans of a specific corps.

I've given up trying to predict where corps will place anymore. There are simply too many variables to consider no matter how good you are. Being a Blue Stars homer, I tend to think they should be beating corps they maybe shouldn't be. I think that rings true for a lot of people who are fans of a specific corps.

I agree. I've learned to let my bias go, but I'm still not qualified to be a judge and no one here is.