Bridgeport and Reading "DCA Show Day" Thread

:ninja:

Hey Y'all -

Just got back from MBI's last uniformed performance in town bore next weekend, as the Dist. 11 band show.. Despite no real yard markers and very small hash marks, the corps put on a solid effort for the crowd and the band members in the stands. I felt the horn line was a bit reserved, but - 1) I was down the field about the 20 yeard line, and these guys were at camp for most of the day before doing this exhibition. Drumline and guard doibng another fine job..

Just waiting like everybody else for the info from Bridgeport and to see how far down we fall in the seeding list. Anybody hear numbers, yet?

Pat

OOps! Looks like they beat me to th punch! Any opinion on KS's score????

I did not see them, but I have friends who were there and said they pretty much blew the house down. Also said the guard was great.

Hoping that score was more of a "first read" thing...would love to see them challenge the top corps!

• Like 1

We could have a final-4 as tight as DCI did. Same with 5-8.

Should be a great Preliminaries....... only room for 10.

:ninja:

Any opinion on KS's score????

Spot on, relative to Cabs' & Sun's #S. Guard & brass strong points, percussion better than '12.

We could have a final-4 as tight as DCI did. Same with 5-8.

Should be a great Preliminaries....... only room for 10.

And four in Class A!!! LOL

Class A prelims should be fun. All sorts of possibilities there.

Edited by Fran Haring

Having failed so miserably at previous predictions, what's the harm in doing so again?

Bridgeport

92.9 Caballeros ACTUAL 93.55 (+0.65)

89.9 Kidsgrove Scouts ACTUAL 89.50 (-0.40)

84.8 Sunrisers ACTUAL 84.20 (-0.60)

81.8 Hurricanes ACTUAL 82.95 (+1.15)

76.5 Skyliners ACTUAL 78.30 (+1.80)

68.2 Excelsior ACTUAL 66.30 (-1.90)

Reading

93.4 Buccaneers ACTUAL 94.20 (+0.80)

90.5 Cadets2 ACTUAL 92.85 (+2.35)

88.7 White Sabers ACTUAL 88.60 (-0.10)

88.2 Fusion Core ACTUAL 89.90 (+1.70)

83.7 Carolina Gold ACTUAL 83.85 (+0.15)

81.7 Bushwackers ACTUAL 80.65 (-1.05)

70.2 Thunderbirds ACTUAL 68.15 (-2.05)

As usual, a few of my predictions were pretty close (in bold) while most others were way off.

I'm surprised to have guessed Kidsgrove within a half-point, given I only had DCUK scores from many weeks ago to work from, and there was no clear pattern in 2010 and 2012 to indicate how the European scores would translate to DCA. I see they were solidly second in every caption except music ensemble, where Sunrisers just edged them out. (Speaking of which: the 84.20 for Sunrisers is their best score since 1999, I think.) Scouts came closest to Cabs in color guard (181 vs. 184), visual effect (180 vs. 185), and communication (93 vs. 94), being just ahead of Cabs in the visual portion of the last item.

Fusion Core turned on the heat this week, improving 3.1 points from last week. Over their three previous matches with White Sabers, they'd gone from leading by 8.65 (Stratford 6/27) to leading by 1.15 (Scranton 8/15) to leading by 0.35 (Clifton 8/22); I wasn't the only one to predict Sabers pulling ahead this time, but Fusion increased their lead over them to 1.30--and got a better Prelims seeding than Kidsgrove in the process.

Hurricanes improved even more, going up 3.15 points in a week, but all that did was solidify their hold on eleventh place over Bushwackers and Skyliners. Speaking of Sky, their score this week is a half-point better than what they got in Prelims last year. But of course the most impressive gain of all came from Cadets2, earning a score 3.95 points better than what they got in Clifton. It will be pretty interesting if Cadets2 medal this year in DCA when so many Cadets1 fans had expected at least that good a result in DCI--although perhaps it would be more interesting still if both corps finished fourth--which still would be C2's best season to date. Obviously MBI, at least, will be a factor! (If they had competed this week and shown the average improvement averaged by the other corps, they'd have a 93.45. On another note of uncertain comparisons: if CV competed this week and improved just as much as Gold did, they'd be seeded fifth).

Every corps who competed last week improved by at least two points this week except Bushwackers. If I'm reading all the scores right, it looks like the Prelims performance order in Class A will be Excelsior (67.30), Erie Thunderbirds (68.15), Cincinnati Tradition (70.55), Chops Inc. (73.60), Kilties (75.10), Alliance (76.40), Govenaires (83.45) and in Open Class will be Skyliners (78.30), Bushwackers (80.65), Connecticut Hurricanes (82.95), Carolina Gold (83.85), Sunrisers (84.20), Atlanta CV (87.95), White Sabers (88.60), Kidsgrove Scouts (89.50), Fusion Core (89.90), Minnesota Brass (91.00), Cadets2 (92.85), Hawthorne Caballeros (93.55), Reading Buccaneers (94.20).

Am I correct that 83.85 is Carolina Gold's best regular-season score ever?

Actually, I'm at home here in Baltimore!!!

A weekend off. LOL

Brenda's in Bridgeport, with Cabs Alumni.

Your voice however was in Reading. You timed the corps intro perfectly

• Like 1

Your voice however was in Reading. You timed the corps intro perfectly

Better living through electronics. :tongue:

Better living through electronics. :tongue:

Less bad jokes

Less bad jokes

Yep, that too.... LOL