Survey and DCI 2016 dates officially announced.

no early show in Michigan for the first time in forever.....that's disappointing. Only one show in the state and it is a small Open Class show mid-season, with a much less impressive lineup than last summer. No chance to see a World Class corps locally. Bummed.

Usual schedule for us used to be a 4-5 World Class corps show opening weekend hosted by Legends somewhere near Kalamazoo. Then, Michigan City around the 4th of July, the TOC in DeKalb mid-July before heading to Indy for the three days of Championships. That was a very nicely spaced summer of drum corps for our family.

Now, no early show.......a thinned-down lineup for Michigan City that may not be enough draw to go. A nice 9-corps TOC this year in DeKalb might be our only show before Indianapolis.

Two shows in Michigan, but basically the same show. Equally disappointed in the lack of world class shows in or near Michigan. Our high school students have finally been exposed to DCI since we've been taking them to the Bowling Green show. They are getting interested, only we'll have to travel further this year to encourage that interest. Maybe Massillon early in the season.

Two shows in Michigan, but basically the same show. Equally disappointed in the lack of world class shows in or near Michigan. Our high school students have finally been exposed to DCI since we've been taking them to the Bowling Green show. They are getting interested, only we'll have to travel further this year to encourage that interest. Maybe Massillon early in the season.

How about Emerald City Music Games in Dublin, Ohio? Same weekend as what was the Bowling Green show.

Someone told me that's a pretty well run show...

:tounge2:

• Like 1

How about Emerald City Music Games in Dublin, Ohio? Same weekend as what was the Bowling Green show.

Someone told me that's a pretty well run show...

:tounge2:

Aren't the Madison and Whitewater shows closer for those on the UP?!!!

Funny Michigan drum corps story from beginnings of DCI (either '72 or '73)

The L.I. Kingsmen had finished the first or second DCI Championships in Whitewater and were headed back to shows on the East Coast (yup until Labor Day back then.)

The director shepherded all the kids with fevers, chills, and coughs onto one bus in the three bus caravan which drove from Wisc. to Michigan before Ohio and Penn.

The corps was approaching the bridge from the UP to LP when one of the "healthy" buses hit a skunk which was sucked into the side air conditioning vent.

Corps then had two sick buses for the rest of the home trip.

Edited by xandandl

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know approximately when individual corps begin selling tickets in their block allotments? I didn't do Super 3 this year.....not sure why but I regret it already, lol. I saw DCI posted tickets to the public today, but I usually prefer to buy through the corps and not ticketmaster.

Any help or insight provided will be much appreciated.

• 1 month later...

For those going from the MSP 'regional to Phantom's TOC show at NIU/DeKalb, Ill. the next night, this may be of some help.

http://www.startribune.com/frontier-airlines-to-fly-from-msp-to-o-hare-international/364637891/

DeKalb will be the first meet-up of Blue Devils and SCV with Cadets, Crown, and Bloo.

Getting from Chicago to DeKalb may need some locals to comment on easy alternatives. Thanks.