My Allentown review

Poor poor Strutta.......Boston isn't going to win, and it's ok. They have an awesome show, full of great moments, full of wonderful music and color. It is my favorite Boston show since 1995, and probably my favorite Boston guard since 1979 WHy you chose to take my words and use them as weapons is beyond me. The fact is....the design of this show is not in the same league as SCV, Phantom, BD, Cadets, or Cavaliers......period. Accept it. It isnt going to run for the title, it doesnt mean you cant, and others cant love it more than any other corps out there, it will max out in the 6-8 range because thats where it belongs...simple as that.

Now, Im going to Orlando to enjoy every corps and root for every corps to do their best.....you'll see me, Ill be standing for Boston, and hope they perform their best..........

~G~

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great review Jeff. Again, wish I could have met up with you and Christine after the show, but I had to do some errands. I was a bit upset that t

Great review Jeff. Wish I could have met up with you and Christine after the show, but I had to do some errands. I wish the boys in green had a good night, but as you saw, it sucked! Would have been interesting to see if the green team put on the heat, but they kept the cold water on. I think it was ~G~ who said they didn't seem confident.

Hope to see you again sometime soon!

Sluggo

but Fanfare and Allegro goes nowhere...actually, coming out of Fave Things, you need something more attention getting. The sound is slow to start...first drum break, and oh look, the same lick they have been using for a few years now....w/some not so clean diddles.

Rocky Point, IMO is wasted as the closer. After the high energy rip faces off attempt in Malaguena, RPH just seems to come off lame til 1/2 way thru, esp w/the fave things inserts.

high drums......please, not on Hoppys best day.

WOW, from this reviewer's point of view it seems The Cadets will be lucky to make finals b**bs

Turning off the Smart a@@.

Thanks for the time you put into sharing your thoughts with us.

I agree, Barbara.

Jeff....you know I love you....but honey....cough biased cough

But thank you for the review, Jeff. Always good to read.

<**>

Edited by Brasskitten

There was something special about SCV's performance at West Chester...unlike other groups, it felt like they were really gunning and were getting the most out of their tour fees. Those mellophones...that drumline...wow.

There was something special about PR's performance as well...the soprano entrance at the beginning was incredible.

Thank you SCV and PR, you made me like drum corps again.

Drew Ross