How Bout Some Different Music for 2016?

I've never understood why the Cadets haven't used the potential of Jay Bocook. The man writes original music all the time and has been with the corps for decades. He knows the style, the other designers. Why not write original music? Jeez, man... take velocity, pathos and room for drum stuff, throw it all into a pot and give us an exciting, completely new production to go where none has! (Just get somebody in there who knows how to actually clean silks).

Plus the added bonus of not having to pay huge rights' fees to play it.

• Like 1

If it were possible for a corps to do Moonlight Sonata, that might be fun... Very moving but I don't know how well it would transfer

It's been put on the field at the high school level a number of times, and has worked for some groups. I think it would transfer well with the right arrangement.

It's been put on the field at the high school level a number of times, and has worked for some groups. I think it would transfer well with the right arrangement.

While I would tend to agree with you, tes....that's one whale of a pretty big "IF". I would see it being in line with Beethoven's "Appassionata.". BUT...since "Elsa's Procession" and Barber's "Adagio" were in fact turned into successful programming...then I guess all bets are off regarding anything else.

Edited by HornTeacher