Cadets 2016

Tobias

1. The matter doesn't concern him at all frankly. So not sure what "his concern" is - for all we know Hop has permission, if the composer feels it is an issue I'm sure he would write to Hopkins and request its removal.

2. My post wasn't sarcastic. Meant every word.

1. Does any matter on this board concern any of us? Seriously, does the tempo of Pines of Rome concern any of us? Does the color scheme of guard costuming in the 2013 show concern any of us? I've seen the most mundane of conversations being started and perpetuated on this board, and plenty involve you. Yet how a corps director (in my opinion) occasionally inappropriately uses social media is somehow none of my concern. "Is that the best you got"?

2. Go check my posts and see if I regularly hate on George Hopkins or the Cadets. Yet if I see something that bothers me, I shouldn't bring it up for fear of being labeled a hater. It's pretty amazing. Homers gonna home, I guess.

1. Does any matter on this board concern any of us? Seriously, does the tempo of Pines of Rome concern any of us? Does the color scheme of guard costuming in the 2013 show concern any of us? I've seen the most mundane of conversations being started and perpetuated on this board, and plenty involve you. Yet how a corps director (in my opinion) occasionally inappropriately uses social media is somehow none of my concern. "Is that the best you got"?

2. Go check my posts and see if I regularly hate on George Hopkins or the Cadets. Yet if I see something that bothers me, I shouldn't bring it up for fear of being labeled a hater. It's pretty amazing. Homers gonna home, I guess.

oh gosh never mind. At least be honest that we see folks hating on Hop for all sorts of inane things - it gets OLD - that's all :)

I never called you a "Hater" // but frankly your comment seemed a little trivial and that was the impression it gave me

It's not a big deal - sorry if my retort ruffled your feathers - meant no harm.

the response was a joke.

Of course it's a joke. That's what John Mackey does. And it behooves him to do that, as he has a reputation of being a fan-friendly good guy.

But it also indicates that it wasn't meant to be written in a public forum. You can disagree with this if you'd like. And you can think Hopkins did a great thing by posting a private message without taking a breath.

Also, let's say for a second that John Mackey didn't really want to go to Indy, he was just saying that to be nice. (which again, I'm sure he does a lot because of his reputation). Now it's been broadcast that "John Mackey wants to attend DCI finals!!!!!11" Just seems inappropriate to me.

John Mackey privately responded to George Hopkins. And George Hopkins publicly posted the private response.

While Mackey is a good sport about such things (as it would behoove him to be so), that's a bush league move by Hopkins. Sure, he gets excited to post stuff, but (i) why post the contents of a private message?, and (ii) why not wait until something is officially nailed down (e.g, we're looking forward to hosting John Mackey at a June XX rehearsal)? Slow down and think about public relations.

To be honest, I had the same concern when I saw that email. Private communications should be left private, regardless of whether they're positive or negative (maybe that's just either the military in me, or the IT security person in me). But it is GH's page and he's going to do what he wants. I'm glad the response from John Mackey was positive and I'm glad that there is one composer (that I know of) who is taking a positive approach on this activity.

• Like 2

I guess if you insist on using the misplaced apostrophe, you might as well go all in and do it every time.

"Grammar - When I can't think of a reply to your post that pisses me off."

Edited by Fish

1. The matter doesn't concern him at all frankly. So not sure what "his concern" is - for all we know Hop has permission, if the composer feels it is an issue I'm sure he would write to Hopkins and request its removal.

2. My post wasn't sarcastic. Meant every word.

Your replied to his post. So it doesn't concern him?

good grief :tounge2:

So - did I correctly read they wove in another Brass only camp this month? I know in March it is percussion only (post-WGI) as well as the April 29 guard camp for final membership contracts

Then move in is Mid-May

90 days away!!

2015 SCV IW WGI Guard's show "The Number 10 - You'll never be Alone"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeBbJi7zpG0

kind of funny in a way... lots of numbers

INCREDIBLE program - not sure if you guys have seen this

Somewhat OT