Cadets 2016

Tobias

Train-Wreck.jpg

I'm sorry but Pacific Crest has banished this photo from DCP for the 2016 season. Your computer server is probably not working correctly. Not even paying PC the royalties will be able to bring it back until their auditions in the Fall.

Edited by xandandl

So the season so far for Kdets has been

Train-Wreck.jpg

When was the last time Cadets were beat by SCV? BK? Madison? It all could happen this year.

We're just going to have to accept, as other corps have, that Cadets are going to fall out of the top 5. Hop's inane designs and poor leadership are driving top talent away. Why would you want to march Christmas music or a with Little Jeffrey when you can take your talents to Bluecoats, Crown, etc?

For all the "WHY ARE YOU SUCH A HATER" people, look: the kids know the show sucks. They know the props are a disaster and the concept is weak. They will pour their hearts into the work, but it is hard to put that extra bit of effort into something that you know is bad from the blueprints.

#opinions

Well folks there you have it. I guess the season and the results of this year are already written in the book. Don't even bother booking those plane tickets and hotel rooms for Championships, because clearly nothing will change from the first week of performances.

Also, really the kids know the show sucks? Strange haven't heard that from any of the members that I know who are currently in that corps... But perhaps we should take your word on that, because you clearly already know how the season is going to end.

Are there issues with the current design of the show? Yes. But it is still very early and many groups have some things to work out. As a designer, you never know what is going to work until you put that show out there on a performance with adjudication. Then you realize what is working and what is not. Design aside, this is still a very talented ensemble. Both the hornline and drumline are cranking right now at a very high level.

#youareentitledtoyouropionseveniftheyarestupid

the kids know the show sucks.

#youareentitledtoyouropionseveniftheyarestupid

He may be entitled to his own opinion, but he is not entitled to his own facts.

To which "kids" is he referring - his own offspring? Because if he's referring to the actual Cadets marchers, I'd like to see some actual quotes from them supporting his statement. I have seen NO complaints from any marchers about the show this season, and in fact quite the opposite, including statements like "such great shows as this one."

• Like 1

To which "kids" is he referring - his own offspring? Because if he's referring to the actual Cadets marchers, I'd like to see some actual quotes from them supporting his statement. I have seen NO complaints from any marchers about the show this season, and in fact quite the opposite, including statements like "such great shows as this one."

Agreed. I've also heard a bunch of positive thoughts from the members - especially the guard members and in regards to the new drill approach and the show

Doesn't mean there aren't things to adjust (some small, some bigger) but "kids think the show sucks" is not something I've heard, not even remotely

I was not overly in "awe" of SCVs show. I think it is nice, and pretty, but there isn't anything innovative or really special about it.

I say this as a big SCV fan. Not seeing what the fuss is about... brass definitely improved though.

I think this year the Cadets have one of the most interesting shows in a long time.

As for earlier comments about the guard, the guard writing is a 100% improvement over last year.

• Like 1

I think this year the Cadets have one of the most interesting shows in a long time.

As for earlier comments about the guard, the guard writing is a 100% improvement over last year.

I agree the show is interesting and I agree the writing is better - it's just visually sloppy as I've ever seen from a Cadet corps

I agree the show is interesting and I agree the writing is better - it's just visually sloppy as I've ever seen from a Cadet corps

1997, 1998, and 2000 comes to mind in terms of disturbingly sloppy.

They have started out sloppy before. What was the year they had those trick flag poles (one flag would role into the pole while another deployed out of the pole). I want to say 2007 but now I'm not sure. Anyway, they started out sloppy that year. This isn't anything new for Cadets.

• Like 1

Only having seen them live once so far, the only things I'm disappointed in for the Cadets as of now is that some of the "characters" don't really do much. The violinist and the "thinker" in the front don't really add anything because they have maybe 30 seconds of action in the program. Hopefully some more layers will be added in as the season goes on.

I feel like this is going to be one of those seasons where the Cadets seem destined to fall out of medal contention, and then peak right at the end.

Definitely looking forward to see how it develops the next month.