Cadets 2016

Tobias

So the season so far for Kdets has been

Train-Wreck.jpg

When was the last time Cadets were beat by SCV? BK? Madison? It all could happen this year.

We're just going to have to accept, as other corps have, that Cadets are going to fall out of the top 5. Hop's inane designs and poor leadership are driving top talent away. Why would you want to march Christmas music or a with Little Jeffrey when you can take your talents to Bluecoats, Crown, etc?

For all the "WHY ARE YOU SUCH A HATER" people, look: the kids know the show sucks. They know the props are a disaster and the concept is weak. They will pour their hearts into the work, but it is hard to put that extra bit of effort into something that you know is bad from the blueprints.

#opinions

I think those making critical comments should be applauded, providing they do it with the best intentions. Cadets pulled a nice score last night. From my vantage point, this corps has incredible music. Seriously some of the best music on the field. Who doesn't want to hear Pines of Rome and music by John Mackey?! They have massive talent in that brass line and percussion section. Top 3 talent and construction in both sections. They have an improving guard with much more interaction with the corps proper this year. They have killer drill and a super demanding visual package.

What they have to fix: 1) make the props look more pleasing, more realistic so they enhance the show, and 2) clarify your theme.

The later will be the more difficult thing to do, but I believe they will enhance it through the season. They could just pull the props off the field and go with another idea. Although the Cadets may be competing in that 2nd tier of corps, I don't believe they will stay there. I still see them jumping to tier 1 unless something drastic goes wrong.

Edited by jwillis35
  • Like 1

Train-Wreck.jpg

When was the last time Cadets were beat by SCV? BK? Madison? It all could happen this year.

We're just going to have to accept, as other corps have, that Cadets are going to fall out of the top 5. Hop's inane designs and poor leadership are driving top talent away. Why would you want to march Christmas music or a with Little Jeffrey when you can take your talents to Bluecoats, Crown, etc?

For all the "WHY ARE YOU SUCH A HATER" people, look: the kids know the show sucks. They know the props are a disaster and the concept is weak. They will pour their hearts into the work, but it is hard to put that extra bit of effort into something that you know is bad from the blueprints.

#opinions

This is a joke right? You have no idea what you're talking about

Wow.. Are your eyes Bleeding?? With all that Cadets Hate inside you they should be. Maybe you need to stay away from DCP or maybe just take the meds the doctor prescribed for you.

This thread is literally dante's inferno. I'd say we've reached the 8th ring after the first show.

• Like 1

Still bitter because you couldn't make the cut during Cadet auditions and still feeling the pain??? :glare:

Train-Wreck.jpg

#opinions

They won the Ott last year. They were in contention for the Sanford.

Where are you getting that they're losing top talent?

Geez this thread is sounding more and more like a BD thread...

Chill

Your comments are horrible, unfair, and trolling. Cadets show has flaws, but it isn't nearly the "trainwreck" you posted.

The trainwreck is this thread on DCP. Unfortunately, I can't look away, but I am really trying to because it is just ludicrous.