Cadets 2016

Tobias

Yup. Agreed. And the two former Cadet percussion heads as the 2 lead guys at Crown drums now - Crown is getting better each season now IMO

From what I understand those guys actually never taught The Cadets per se. They did teach C2 and CWP. But yes they are doing well from what I hear. They probably still need to play a beefier battery book to satisfy the rudimental heads on the field like Jeff Prosperie.

From what I understand those guys actually never taught The Cadets per se. They did teach C2 and CWP. But yes they are doing well from what I hear. They probably still need to play a beefier battery book to satisfy the rudimental heads on the field like Jeff Prosperie.

Uh, you don't understand that Thom Hannum and Tom Aungst taught drums at Cadets? Who do you think won them all their Sanford trophies? Colin has exactly one (2013) to his name.

Uh, you don't understand that Thom Hannum and Tom Aungst taught drums at Cadets? Who do you think won them all their Sanford trophies? Colin has exactly one (2013) to his name.

you guys are all talking about different people :-) techs vs Tom/Thom!

I was talking about Hannum (Percussion Director) & Aungst (Battery Arranger), their musical arranger (Michael Klesch) also long term Cadets guy, also Leon May - their visual guy - member and staff for Cadets. Could go on and on - an amazing connection between the 2 corps. Other Crown guys via Star

I was talking about Hannum (Percussion Director) & Aungst (Battery Arranger), their musical arranger (Michael Klesch) also long term Cadets guy, also Leon May - their visual guy - member and staff for Cadets. Could go on and on - an amazing connection between the 2 corps. Other Crown guys via Star

Oh gotcha. Well Hannum left Cadets after the '88 season. I guess I more associate him with Star and Crossmen. And sure Aungst. They have really made their legacy and will be most remembered, at least Klesch and May, with Crown I think.

Oh gotcha. Well Hannum left Cadets after the '88 season. I guess I more associate him with Star and Crossmen. And sure Aungst. They have really made their legacy and will be most remembered, at least Klesch and May, with Crown I think.

Well - they're all from Cadets. However you want to slice it. Another few Crown championships (and I expect a couple soon) and I agree, they'll be remembered there more so

Well - they're all from Cadets. However you want to slice it. Another few Crown championships (and I expect a couple soon) and I agree, they'll be remembered there more so

I doubt this year though. Sounds like everyone thinks it's BD and Bluecoats (and of course The Cadets) who will be duking it out for the title and everyone else is just in it for third.

I doubt this year though. Sounds like everyone thinks it's BD and Bluecoats (and of course The Cadets) who will be duking it out for the title and everyone else is just in it for third.

well I don't think Cadets will be - I hope they can refine the show and clean it enough to challenge for bronze - maybe snag a caption or two

Crown I thought preseason would be rolling - it will be interesting to see how things line up in Texas. Corps meet before that but we really need at least one true regional to figure it out a bit

July 11, 2015

Cadets beat BD 0.15 and Crown by 2.25 PTs.

Cadets need to get it together starting this week but it's not too late. If changes solid (and they have been) and they clean (5 weeks left), they can perhaps jump into bronze.

I still don't think Cadets will catch Bloo this year, but I wouldn't use the above as an argument. Yes, Cadets beat BD and Bloo on 7/11 last year, but as we all know, they lost to both of them at finals. I don't think the gap between the Cadets and Bloo is insurmountable, as it wasn't for Bloo next year. I just think Bloo has a show that contains everything the judges seem to love these days and their marks will benefit from that.

• Like 1

well I don't think Cadets will be - I hope they can refine the show and clean it enough to challenge for bronze - maybe snag a caption or two

Crown I thought preseason would be rolling - it will be interesting to see how things line up in Texas. Corps meet before that but we really need at least one true regional to figure it out a bit

Crown just has to get the drill clean for finals. Seems like the last year they were able to put the entire visual package together was 13. Last year they were close I think but still had some under developed sections. I give BD a lot of credit for being able to maximize the performance element. Crown might need to push harder to maximize performance.