Cadets2 2016

• 3 weeks later...

You're still thinking that this system doesn't rely on design as much as it does. The level of success that you set your corps up for all depends on what the design team does before you even get to a rehearsal camp. The top shows are created in the offseason. All the design details are worked out then.

Performance can only get you so far in this activity in this era of drum corps.

I'm glad someone finally said it without beating around the bush. Cudos!

I concur. You set your corps up for success with more design and planning completed earlier. Show design, music choices & arrangements, transitions between how each piece molds into another, and extraneous gak such as prop design, and elex samples being done early can only get your corps ahead of everyone else so you're not left scrambling over these details in june. That way you're refining as the summer goes and not teaching.

If you don't have it Janurary or FEB your only going to be playing catch up the rest of the season.

Playing catch up is for 1st place losers.

That is something that bothered me year after year during my time In DCA. Coming to camps.. Staff not having music as promised.. No drill ready in March, Staff not ready to write drill till all bodies are accounted for. I literally walked into rehearsal one weekend and the music had just been written that morning and the pages were still warm from the printer. Of course there were tons of mistakes,,the baritones were in the wrong key and it was basically a disaster. A whole weekend wood chopping a piece and taking it home and practicing it for two weeks only to come back and have Version2 sitting on the stand. Time wasted.

Nope..if you don't have your act together in the winter months you might as well pack it up in the summer months or prepare for disappointments .

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...