Why do corps luv the Bristol 4th of July. Stories like this help explain.

With what's happening in the world, with the politicians and crowds being many, the State and local police kept changing and adjusting the security zone this year with road blockades (not just the usual saw horses.)

When Crossmen finished their performance, their equipment vehicles were frozen out of the shifting zone and the corps had to wait before heading off to do more parades. Admin had prepared but above shift made Bristol traffic worse than usual.

Filomena Barbosa and her helpers at the Bristol Train of Artillery stepped up and donated hot lunches without cost for all MMs and their parade staff. Seems she's been a band mom who has had 4 kids march over the years.

Crossmen kids were super in their courtesy, gratitude, and mixing with the Navy and Marine military also at the dinner. Military were impressed vocally that Crossmen never seemed to break a sweat. Admin admits that 80 per cent of the MMs are actually from Texas this season. They were enjoying the cool breezes off the harbor.

Thank you for sharing that story. We were at the parade and saw that the MM's were just loving performing for the crowds in Bristol. I marched a lot of parades in the 70's, but not this one. It certainly has something special about it.

We were in the traffic going out of town and didn't know that the corps was going through this.

• Like 1

Thank you for sharing that story. We were at the parade and saw that the MM's were just loving performing for the crowds in Bristol. I marched a lot of parades in the 70's, but not this one. It certainly has something special about it.

We were in the traffic going out of town and didn't know that the corps was going through this.

Ask the Crown alums about their High Street fans and how the folks at the neighboring houses set up water stations for the parade breaks, even water misters when the temps certain years are tough. Great folk in Bristol.

• Like 1

I am all too aware of how daily score rankings are tenuous, particularly with the shortened judge panels and secret captions scores, but seeing the Crossmen in 8th looks pretty #### good.

• Like 2

Hah! It is nice... I subscribe to the theory that within your corps grouping, you are only ahead of someone you beat head to head, so I've got them in 11th. Would love to see them push toward the single digits though...

Edited by soccerguy315
  • Like 1

Does anyone know how the performance order will be determined for the San Antonio Regional?

DCI.org says it will be based on the MInnesota/Denver results, but Crossmen aren't even at those shows.

Does anyone know how the performance order will be determined for the San Antonio Regional?

DCI.org says it will be based on the MInnesota/Denver results, but Crossmen aren't even at those shows.

Minneapolis and Alexandria. It has been the Saturday prior's shows for a very long time now, which the past few years has been Minneapolis/Denver. It's probably just an oversight on DCI's part as they probably just copy/pasted from last year without even checking the schedule. Denver is the week before Minneapolis this year with most everyone at Denver being at Minneapolis, so that doesn't make sense.

• Like 1

They are really on the cusp of something great this year. Depending on the mood of the corps they could really bump up. I watched them rehearse this past weekend and I get the feeling they are under a lot of pressure from the alumni move up in placement. I really hope that the kids are enjoying their summer. Having a great show design is only part of the equation, if everyone is miserable by the end of the season it will take it's toll.