Alfonso Jerome Kimbrough RIP

Amazed this hasnt hit here:

tonight, longtime Bushwacker, also former Cadet and Bridgemen member known to all as Jerome passed away

https://www.facebook.com/bushwackersDBC/?fref=ts

What the obit doesn't speak of was Jerome's courage to deal with diabetes, loss of limb, and struggles to maintain hope against great odds. Never did he give up on himself or others.

His own battles drew him to empathy for others, courage to address some of the societal battles of the cities where he lived, and always with a blunt, genuine, and so often humorous wisdom.

He was a man of great faith which led him to dig deeply into every community he touched whether be it his church, The Cadets, senior corps or just drum corps fans spending time before shows tailgating out in the lot.

I will always be appreciative of his discussions with me during those years with Garfield and his support along the way in later years.

May the Lord Who is Goodness itself now give Jerome the rest and peace that is the blessing for a life marched true. FHNSAB.

• Like 5

In all my years in this crazy game, I've known very few people that no one could say a bad word about. @ of them I met thru RAMD and solidified the friendship on DCP....and both are now together with the Lord.

RIP Jerome, and hey Sean Holton...watch over him ok?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...