Have we seen the last of high-speed "kaleidoscopic" drill in D

I'd never heard of "planar analysis" before, but I find that this 1996 piece using that technique found that it demonstrated that the corps with the most difficult drill in 1995 was . . . the Cavaliers, who won (and were first in G.E.-Visual and Ensemble-Visual, and a very close second to B.D. in Performance-Visual).

Since it appears to justify the judges' decision, isn't it the opposite of whining?

We were referring to the conversation regarding Planar Analysis that happened on RAMD / literally a two year non stop argument. Extremely frustrating folks involved on it. Went round in circles.

• Like 1

I’m pretty sure this is where the Blue Devils got their current visual direction from even if they had to dip 30 years into the past. Many of her moves are in BD's show (45 sec, 1:45...) but BD does sound a little bit better

Star Wars Trumpet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9vngz6pZDY&feature=youtu.be

Fortunately for her, Stacey Hedger has moved on in her life and is now an Elementary School Teacher.

One thing I can say about the whole staging as compared to the dot method is the whole process takes so much less time now.

I watched so many times at visuals for BD and they would suggest things and the members would just do it. It is really amazing to watch how quickly they develop and even change concepts with very little down time. All done from up in the box even.

Not taking away from the older style at all I just found it really impressive the way they did it.