System Blue Officially Welcomes Minnesota Brass

System Blue officially welcomes Minnesota Brass to the family. Mike Corrigan (The Horn Doctor, master craftsman & expert repairman), Keith Dunton, Greg Wohler, and Todd Tanji were all present for the inspection, set up, tutorial, celebration, and roll out of MN Brass receiving their new System Blue horns. The members and staff of Minnesota Brass, […]

... Read the rest of the article here - http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/2016/03/system-blue-officially-welcomes-minnesota-brass/

Holy cow. That's a big hit for them.

You mean hold the heat from China? While they stock parts in Kansas City, I'm fairly certain i read somewhere that they were manufactured in China.

You mean hold the heat from China? While they stock parts in Kansas City, I'm fairly certain i read somewhere that they were manufactured in China.

I don't know . It sure seems with horns now days its Monty Hall and lets make a deal when it comes to hornlines now days.

Ive talked to several directors that had submitted bids that I have a pretty good understanding how the bid process works and the discounts are received. You can pretty much buy a hornline...keep it for 2-5 years (DCA) and turn around and sell it on the used market and still make 10% on it if you play your cards right and maintain them. DCI would typically sell them every season or every other season

While I have maintained that I hate Bb Horns (and still do) on the field it certainly makes financial sense to play this game. Sucks but it is what it is.

I don't know . It sure seems with horns now days its Monty Hall and lets make a deal when it comes to hornlines now days.

Ive talked to several directors that had submitted bids that I have a pretty good understanding how the bid process works and the discounts are received. You can pretty much buy a hornline...keep it for 2-5 years (DCA) and turn around and sell it on the used market and still make 10% on it if you play your cards right and maintain them.

Yes, it's called a "lease". Many drum corps do it, as well as many bands.

• Like 1

I don't see how this process sucks in any way. Everyone wins. The company gets its name out in the market place. The corps gets new state of the art equipment on a regular basis. The bands/corps that buy the old equipment get great horns they would normally not be able to afford. How does this suck?

Dan

I don't see how this process sucks in any way. Everyone wins. The company gets its name out in the market place. The corps gets new state of the art equipment on a regular basis. The bands/corps that buy the old equipment get great horns they would normally not be able to afford. How does this suck?

Dan

Yawn..

The arguments for such are older than some of the kids marching now days LOL

Ive talked to several directors that had submitted bids that I have a pretty good understanding how the bid process works and the discounts are received. You can pretty much buy a hornline...keep it for 2-5 years (DCA) and turn around and sell it on the used market and still make 10% on it if you play your cards right and maintain them. DCI would typically sell them every season or every other season

While I have maintained that I hate Bb Horns (and still do) on the field it certainly makes financial sense to play this game. Sucks but it is what it is.

Ok, why does it "suck"?