Noel Borden

Noel contributed mightily to this activity, first as a player, winning AL Nationals with the Sunrisers in '68, then capturing that title twice more as director of his beloved LI Kinsmen.

He continued for years afterward to generously donate his efforts to both the 27th Lancers and the Cadets.

Noel was truly "a man for others". His passing leaves a void, but his example provides great inspiration for the rest of us.

• Like 3

He and his wife made my first year at Cadets go by pretty smoothly (since I was always passing out on the field in texas). Very sad to hear he passed. R.I.P.

• 1 month later...

A Celebration Of Life for Noel Borden, former director of the Long Island Kingsmen, will take place this Saturday, June 4th, from 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm at the Kings Park VFW Hall, 40 Church St, Kings Park, NY

The family request that anyone wishing to make a donation to please donate to your favorite drum corps in honor of Noel.

• Like 1

A Celebration Of Life for Noel Borden, former director of the Long Island Kingsmen, will take place this Saturday, June 4th, from 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm at the Kings Park VFW Hall, 40 Church St, Kings Park, NY

The family request that anyone wishing to make a donation to please donate to your favorite drum corps in honor of Noel.

My thoughts and prayers will be with them.

• 5 years later...

Noel Borden was disrespectful to Bert Ellis after the Grenadier merger.  During weekend practice in Grahamsville NY, (approx 1968) Borden withheld water from us (corp members) for hours. It was close to 90 degrees. Uncle Bert was furious. I thought I was going to pass out. Borden was controlling and mean. Guy was like a nazi. Sorry, but that's the truth.