Kinda gives new meaning to the term "Killer Bees". Good luck B

I guess I don't really see the relationship between the potential for Killer Bees and what you have outlined above. I know you mean well and you are very capable of explaining yourself, but there is a significant difference between bees and mosquitoes. Mind you, I hate bees, wasps and yellow jackets (and am thankful that those giant Japanese hornet things aren't around in the U.S.) and I find mosquitoes to be a nuisance. I choose mosquitoes over bees. If inspection were still around and a bee came near me, I would react because I just can't fricken stand them. Want to see me break the quarter mile? Have a hornet hover around my head.

We disagree... no problem. I think if we asked the medical community however if a honey bee sting or a mosquito sting poses more long term health risks to humans, the overwhelmingly sentiment from the medical community would tell you that it is the mosquito.... not the honey bee.... that poses the far bigger threat to one's health. ( killer bees, an altogether different, higher level of increased threat among the bee population, of course ) The number of life threatening diseases that are potentially carried by the mosquito insect is far greater than that of the honey bee. You don't have to take my word for it. Look it up yourself. It could be a valuable educational exercise to disabuse yourself of your current belief that the honey bee ( and thats what they were in Concord, Calif, that we are now discussing ) is more a threat to one's life than the mosquito. While its true, a small,( less than 1% of the population), are in danger of life threatening situations caused by a honey bee sting ( due to the person's unusual natural defense mechanisms) the vast numbers of people in the US are in far, far, more danger from disease carrying mosquitos stings, than the honey bee sting. People die every year in the US from mosquito bites... others receiving long term disability issues from this pesty flying insect. The numbers of terrible potential diseases carried by the mosquito is pretty lengthy... and getting even more deadlier with each passing year.

Edited by BRASSO

We disagree... no problem. I think if we asked the medical community however if a honey bee sting or a mosquito sting poses more long term health risks to humans, the overwhelmingly sentiment from the medical community would tell you that it is the mosquito.... not the honey bee.... that poses the far bigger threat to one's health. ( killer bees, an altogether different, higher level of increased threat among the bee population, of course ) The number of life threatening diseases that are potentially carried by the mosquito insect is far greater than that of the honey bee. You don't have to take my word for it. Look it up yourself. It could be a valuable educational exercise to disabuse yourself of your current belief that the honey bee ( and thats what they were in Concord, Calif, that we are now discussing ) is more a threat to one's life than the mosquito. While its true, a small,( less than 1% of the population), are in danger of life threatening situations caused by a honey bee sting ( due to the person's unusual natural defense mechanisms) the vast numbers of people in the US are in far, far, more danger from disease carrying mosquitos stings, than the honey bee sting. People die every year in the US from mosquito bites... others receiving long term disability issues from this pesty flying insect. The numbers of terrible potential diseases carried by the mosquito is pretty lengthy... and getting even more deadlier with each passing year.

I'm looking at your original post to my reply this morning and in no way do you mention mosquito born illness concerns. You outlined a story about inspection and mosquitoes.

I'm looking at your original post to my reply this morning and in no way do you mention mosquito born illness concerns. You outlined a story about inspection and mosquitoes.

Well, a cynic could perhaps say that I moved the goalposts on you, while another, perhaps less jaded than the first, might say I simply broadened the discussion to include the many potential life threatening diseases posed by the mosquito, in response to your comment this morning above that the bee seems more dangerous to you than the mosquito.

Well, a cynic could perhaps say that I moved the goalposts on you, while another, perhaps less jaded than the first, might say I simply broadened the discussion to include the many potential life threatening diseases posed by the mosquito, in response to your comment this morning above that the bee seems more dangerous to you than the mosquito.

Fair enough. Have a good evening!

• Like 1

Fair enough. Have a good evening!

Yup.... you too!

Although these were not Africanized Bees it is of note that they did swarm so intensely and quickly that their multiple simultaneous stings actually killed two dogs; just sayin'.

I know what they said, but I could swear I saw some of the bees carrying little tiny djembes.