Kinda gives new meaning to the term "Killer Bees". Good luck B

but to say flat No, that this it is not a distinct possibility anywhere from Mid Texas to Mid California, is just not true.

Oh, but words DO mean everything. We were asked above whether we believe that " BD will be effected by these bees at Spring Training ". My reply was " No ". We were NOT asked however " is there a POSSIBILITY that from Mid Texas to California that BD ( or other Corps ) MIGHT be effected by these killer bees ? ". Had we been asked this NEW question you pose now, and as posed, we just might have received from me an altogether different opinion response reply. But we were NOT asked this latter question however. Thats pretty obvious it seems to me. So I replied to the real question that was asked here, not a ficitious one posed now that was never asked of us.

Edited by BRASSO

2011_NEW_AH_Bee_Map_Compressed_2.jpg

(sorry for the old map -- nothing newer was obvious)

The bees have been in TX for a long time now. The DCI tour goes through Texas. I don't think they've affected drum corps much.

AFAICT Fire ants have been a far more common problem.

Edited by corpsband

Oh, but words DO mean everything. We were asked above whether we believe that " BD will be effected by these bees at Spring Training ". My reply was " No ". We were NOT asked however " is there a POSSIBILITY that from Mid Texas to California that BD ( or other Corps ) MIGHT be effected by these killer bees ? ". Had we been asked this NEW question you pose now, and as posed, we just might have received from me an altogether different opinion response reply. But we were NOT asked this latter question however. Thats pretty obvious it seems to me. So I replied to the real question that was asked here, not a ficitious one posed now that was never asked of us.

Ok I will play that game: Words do have meaning, and you left out an important word which caused you to just misquote the question: You certainly were asked if it was a possibility that it would happen at a BD rehearsal site, which happens to be in Mid California; Here is the direct question as asked, "So, could this possibly be a problem for BD and their Spring training?" See the word 'possibly' in the original question? That word does have meaning, so by saying No you state that there is no possibility at all for it to occur.

2011_NEW_AH_Bee_Map_Compressed_2.jpg

(sorry for the old map -- nothing newer was obvious)

The bees have been in TX for a long time now. The DCI tour goes through Texas. I don't think they've affected drum corps much.

AFAICT Fire ants have been a far more common problem.

My great grandma poured gasoline into their mounds and lit them up in her cute little day dress when I was little. They don't scare me. :p

As far as bees, don't think they're a huge problem anywhere near me. I just see the big fluffy ones. Sounds like the thing in Concord is centered in one neighborhood. And that guy just talking out in the open while getting stung is an idiot.

• Like 1

I remember drum corps travels in the 1970's with fireflies in New York, mosquitoes in Wisconsin, crickets on the west coast and alligator warnings in Florida. Bees are good, wasps are aggressive, killer bees swarm. There are a few people who are highly allergic to bee stings and never know until the first sting. This is a good thread. It provides awareness beyond sunscreen. Thank you.

I don't live in a cave.

Something new to learn every day on these forums.

• Like 2

Ok I will play that game: Words do have meaning, and you left out an important word which caused you to just misquote the question: You certainly were asked if it was a possibility that it would happen at a BD rehearsal site,

BD will not be effected by Killer Bees at Mars Practice site in Concord, Calif.

Its my opinion. There I said it again. Do I leave in the POSSIBILITY that I could be wrong in this prediction. Yes, I do. I am not clairvoyant, nor All Knowing about the future. Good grief.. Is it June, yet ?

Edited by BRASSO

For a comparative risk analysis of external forces posing threats to Corps, if we are asked which poses a bigger threat to Corps this summer ( BD included ) Killer Bees or Stomach Flu and/ or Food Poisoning ?, I think we can all agree here that the latter poses far more risk to marching members of Corps than the risk of possible lost time due to " Klller Bees ". Hardly a year does not go by now, where some marchers don't go down to Virus or Food Poisoning. Who here can forget the Cavaliers MM ranks as recently as last August being so decimated by this, that Mgt. was forced to have their Corps take the drastic measure to pull out of a competition show ? Will any of these DCI Corps be as similarly effected this summer by these Killer Bees ?. Possibly,.. of course. But I would tend to say " no " to this as well as a prediction. The nasty " flu bug " poses FAR more risk to lost time to all these Corps than any nasty '' flying bug" they might encounter this summer at practice or in their summer tour travels.

Edited by BRASSO

For a comparative risk analysis of external forces posing threats to Corps, if we are asked which poses a bigger threat to Corps this summer ( BD included ) Killer Bees or Stomach Flu and/ or Food Poisoning ?, I think we can all agree here that the latter poses far more risk to marching members of Corps than the risk of possible lost time due to " Klller Bees ". Hardly a year does not go by now, where some marchers don't go down to Virus or Food Poisoning. Who here can forget the Cavaliers MM ranks as recently as last August being so decimated by this, that Mgt. was forced to have their Corps take the drastic measure to pull out of a competition show ? Will any of these DCI Corps be as similarly effected this summer by these Killer Bees ?. Possibly,.. of course. But I would tend to say " no " to this as well as a prediction. The nasty " flu bug " poses FAR more risk to lost time to all these Corps than any nasty '' flying bug" they might encounter this summer at practice or in their summer tour travels.

Based on recent news, I think transgender bees using the wrong washrooms is the biggest threat this summer.

Based on recent news, I think transgender bees using the wrong washrooms is the biggest threat this summer.

Yup. Its getting hard to know what a " Son of a Bee " is anymore ( haha!)