how many all age corps are in DCI

there is no all-age division. DCI can approve you to perform at the shows and be scored according to DCA sheets. Soundsports are pretty much anything goes (age, instrumentation) as long as you have 5 performers. They are scored bronze, silver, gold on their sheets.

Of course there is, "all age" corps are considered associate members and do pay dues to DCI. There is even a separate recap by caption for those "all age" corps that appear at DCI shows.

Of course there is, "all age" corps are considered associate members and do pay dues to DCI. There is even a separate recap by caption for those "all age" corps that appear at DCI shows.

Right. But there's no finals for you in DCI. You perform under the umbrella at shows, but you don't operate under the umbrella and its guidelines. You don't get to vote on rules or operations in either class. You pay in to be able to play at DCI shows. That's it.

Right. But there's no finals for you in DCI. You perform under the umbrella at shows, but you don't operate under the umbrella and its guidelines. You don't get to vote on rules or operations in either class. You pay in to be able to play at DCI shows. That's it.

It's sensed a Drum Corps 101 course should be considered next on your agenda in the quest for drum corps wisdom. Only "member corps" defined by each association actually have voting rights in both DCI and DCA (thus, not all corps have that privilege, in DCI and/or DCA) and both associations have guidelines that have to be strictly followed upon signing the required participation agreements (of each association)---in addition DCI provides a structured performance fee. All the same requirements need to be adhered to by the "all age" corps as do all the DCI corps, i.e. music licensing, insurance, financials, etc. etc.

• Like 2

You perform under the umbrella at shows, but you don't operate under the umbrella and its guidelines.

Well, this sure is categorically wrong. DCA performing Corps, as well as the Alumni, and Reunion Corps are required to operate under the DCI Insurance requirement gudelines ( for just ONE example ). These Corps can not even perform in exhibition , let alone in competition, at DCI shows unless they provide DCI HQ. of a certified Insurance Liability Coverage Protection Policy ( terms set by DCI, and which all these Corps must purchase ) that is stamped and approved by DCI HQ, prior to their appearance at any DCI sponsored shows.

Edited by BRASSO

Cadets2 are appearing at Allentown on June 30 as well. I've updated my list of corps on page 1 of this thread.

Do the scores that All-Age corps receive at DCI sponsored shows count towards your semifinal ranking at DCA?

Do the scores that All-Age corps receive at DCI sponsored shows count towards your semifinal ranking at DCA?

I don't believe that he ever suggested that they do. His ( and mine ) reply was specific to what misinformation you provided above only... not this new question here that is a separate one altogether... and an irrelevant one at that. The scores that even the DCI Corps themselves receive in international competition are not factored into their semi final position ranking at DCI Championships either. Nor are many of the early season scores and placements these DCI Corps receive in the competitions in the States. So your question posed here is as equally irrelevant to what you have said above as well... which is really what we responded to in the first place.

Edited by BRASSO

They can but generally don't, as even the midwestern and southern corps receive at least two official DCA numbers between the DCI regionals the DCA corps attend (Minnesota, Atlanta) and the end of the DCA competitive season.

Edited by Kamarag

The scores that even the DCI Corps themselves receive in international competition are not factored into their semi final position ranking at DCI Championships either. Nor are many of the early season scores and placements these DCI Corps receive in the competitions in the States. So your question posed here is as equally irrelevant to what you have said above as well... which is really what we responded to in the first place.

That wasn't the question...he was asking if scores received at DCI shows count for DCA seeding, a question I answered above.

I don't believe that he ever suggested that they do. His ( and mine ) reply was specific to what misinformation you provided above only... not this new question here that is a separate one altogether... and an irrelevant one at that. The scores that even the DCI Corps themselves receive in international competition are not factored into their semi final position ranking at DCI Championships either. Nor are many of the early season scores and placements these DCI Corps receive in the competitions in the States. So your question posed here is as equally irrelevant to what you have said above as well... which is really what we responded to in the first place.

Thanks for your non-answer. However, this isn't irrelevant to the questions relating to DCA corps participating as a division in DCI.

But as Mr Adcock is suggesting, they throw out those DCI given scores and use the DCA show scores for assembling the DCA Prelims lineup?