Preseason Excitement Poll - 2016 Edition

2016 Show Anticipation Poll  

163 members have voted

1. 1. What shows are you highly anticipating in the 2016 Drum Corps season?

• The Academy - The Drum Corpse Bride
    • Blue Devils - As Dreams are Made On
    • Blue Knights - The Great Event
    • Blue Stars - La Reve
    • Bluecoats - ?
    • Boston Crusaders - Quixotic
    • The Cadets - Awakening
    • Carolina Crown - Relentless
    • The Cavaliers - Propaganda
    • Colts - Nachtmusik
    • Crossmen - Continuum
    • Jersey Surf - Ebb and Flow
    • Madison Scouts - Judas
    • Mandarins - Forbidden Forrest
    • Oregon Crusaders - Hunted
    • Pacific Crest - The Union
    • Phantom Regiment - Voice of Promise
    • Pioneer - St. Joan of Arc
    • Santa Clara Vanguard - Force of Nature
    • Spirit of Atlanta - Georgia
    • Seattle Cascades - O
    • Troopers - hero.
    • Other

Gotta agree with Cowtown here. Could've predicted this before the topic was made. Bluecoats and Crown are the trendy darlings of this decade much like Cavies and PR were last decade.

Doubt any of these results have anything to do with the shows themselves other than maybe BK

4aobh29.jpg

• Like 3

This is classic DCP. "This poll in meaningless. (Well. except for the part I agree with)" !!!!!!!!

Answer me this:

WHY do you think Cavies and PR (and Crown and Bluecoats) are trendy? Why are they darlings?

Good lord and people say us millennials are the oversensitive ones. Contrary opinions are okay.

Never did I say I agreed with the poll on the part of BK. That's just you putting words in my mouth.

Because they all have/had a gimmick (couldn't think of a better word) that people enjoyed and appreciated more than other corps who might be putting out better shows. Crown and PR have/had hornlines that have a sound balance more pleasing to people's ears, bluecoats have (at times excessive) use of electronics that's becoming the trendy thing to do, and Cavies had the crazy drill while playing whole notes.

Not saying that these corps don't deserve all the love they get at all though. Just that they all have some sort of defining characteristic that crowds like more than the defining characteristic of other corps. That's why they're, as I said, "trendy" and the show theme itself doesn't matter.

4aobh29.jpg

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ feel free to ignore. I won't be hurt, I promise. Edited by Cappybara

So anyways, I'm glad that BK is getting some love for this show. It's going to be a very special year for them. The music is arranged beautifully. The show is so powerful and I can't wait to see what you guys think of it when you see it

• Like 2

Well we had a nice thing going just talking about who we're excited to see, next person who goes back to that earns a cookie. Or a hush puppy if you're coming from The Cadets thread.

I'll take my cookie :smile:

Well we had a nice thing going just talking about who we're excited to see, next person who goes back to that earns a cookie. Or a hush puppy if you're coming from The Cadets thread.

Hushpuppies_5stack.jpg

I'm just discussing the poll just like everyone else :)

So anyways, I'm glad that BK is getting some love for this show. It's going to be a very special year for them. The music is arranged beautifully. The show is so powerful and I can't wait to see what you guys think of it when you see it

THANK YOU KIND SIR.

Apri2011+055pwm.jpg

• Like 1

Good lord and people say us millennials are the oversensitive ones. Contrary opinions are okay.

I think the poll is about as meaningful as the prediction thread (ie not at all) I'll stand by my record on DCP in terms of contrary opinions. Pretty darn tolerant I think.

Never did I say I agreed with the poll on the part of BK. That's just you putting words in my mouth.

Yeah you sort of did. You said none of the poll results reflected the show announcements EXCEPT BK. That's picking and choosing Cappy. Sorry bruh.

Because they all have/had a gimmick (couldn't think of a better word) that people enjoyed and appreciated more than other corps who might be putting out better shows. Crown and PR have/had hornlines that have a sound balance more pleasing to people's ears, bluecoats have (at times excessive) use of electronics that's becoming the trendy thing to do, and Cavies had the crazy drill while playing whole notes.

Not saying that these corps don't deserve all the love they get at all though. Just that they all have some sort of defining characteristic that crowds like more than the defining characteristic of other corps. That's why they're, as I said, "trendy" and the show theme itself doesn't matter.

IOW you feel like your opinions about corps are more valid then "everyone" / "the crowd" because those "better shows" don't get the love they deserve? Maybe you and (she who must not be named) should get together and talk things over.

Cappy you crack me up.

Anyway it's all good. Go BD !! Go PR !!

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 2