Any lock for Top 3?

"weeks" -- uh, it hasn't been THAT long. We're only 13 days into the entire season :)

It's been one week, it feels like the beginning of the season was a lifetime ago lol I can't believe it's only been 13 days. That just blew my mind

"weeks" -- uh, it hasn't been THAT long. We're only 13 days into the entire season :)

Fixed my last statement to say "seems like weeks". Sorry, time moves slowly to me...

It's been at least 3 months since Crown and Bluecoats have competed, making past scores pretty irrelevant.

To be fair, Bluecoats were only a point ahead of Crown when they last met and Crown's scores have jumped leading many to believe they have surpassed the coats. I honestly think the judges at Crown's shows recently are unreliable. They jumped, then the next show all the corps dropped drastically, then went back up...I'm just waiting for Tour of Champions to start lol Then we will get a better idea of who is ahead of who so far...until then, Bluecoats are undefeated.

I'm not against them winning. I'm against everyone saying they're gonna stomp Crown and the Blue Devil's, when they haven't met with Crown in weeks and haven't yet with the Blue Devil's.

Yeah...

Nobody said they are going to stomp BD.

But the idea that they aren't primed to contend with the Devils is a greater stretch than it isn't.

And... they HAVE stomped Crown in the first couple of weeks. There's no reason to think that they would stop winning (that point margin stayed fairly consistent over a few shows).

The assertion that one corps will pass others with time off or the addition of major changes depends on all others not managing their time and not making changes as well. We all know it doesn't work that way.

Ultimately, switch ups happen over time after judges get multiple reads of the programs. Cleanliness matters and caption dominance helps, but GE concept (which doesn't change so much as it becomes sold) counts for most.

Again... why wouldn't the Bluecoats be a logical assumption for 1, 2 or 3 at this point (especially 1 or 2)? And is it really honking if it makes sense?

Could it all switch up? Sure, but there are zero indicators that it will at this point. In only a few weeks, everything has pretty much stayed put... no big surprises surges or slips.

To be fair, Bluecoats were only a point ahead of Crown when they last met and Crown's scores have jumped leading many to believe they have surpassed the coats. I honestly think the judges at Crown's shows recently are unreliable. They jumped, then the next show all the corps dropped drastically, then went back up...I'm just waiting for Tour of Champions to start lol Then we will get a better idea of who is ahead of who so far...until then, Bluecoats are undefeated.

The regional shows will be more reliable than the TOC shows. TOC line-ups are somewhat arbitrary... the leader might go on first at a given event and if there is heavy competition, the scoring management can get inconsistent.
  • Like 1

Yeah...

Nobody said they are going to stomp BD.

But the idea that they aren't primed to contend with the Devils is a greater stretch than it isn't.

And... they HAVE stomped Crown in the first couple of weeks. There's no reason to think that they would stop winning (that point margin stayed fairly consistent over a few shows).

The assertion that one corps will pass others with time off or the addition of major changes depends on all others not managing their time and not making changes as well. We all know it doesn't work that way.

Ultimately, switch ups happen over time after judges get multiple reads of the programs. Cleanliness matters and caption dominance helps, but GE concept (which doesn't change so much as it becomes sold) counts for most.

Again... why wouldn't the Bluecoats be a logical assumption for 1, 2 or 3 at this point (especially 1 or 2)? And is it really honking if it makes sense?

Could it all switch up? Sure, but there are zero indicators that it will at this point. In only a few weeks, everything has pretty much stayed put... no big surprises surges or slips.

Since the last time Bluecoats and Crown went head to head was some time back in the 1990's, I'm not sure those scores can be counted any more. We can look at any potential gaps at Finals, and then start to contemplate where corps may end up at the end of season. Then, a few weeks after that, we can see what adjustments have been made between shows. But Crown will probz smash them lol

He is so salty right now :D lol

Since the last time Bluecoats and Crown went head to head was some time back in the 1990's, I'm not sure those scores can be counted any more.

Not sure I follow you on that one. They spent several years in the same competitive bracket leading up to Crown's win in 2013 as well as the 2 years to follow. There's no mystery as to either group's ability to contend (especially for Crown, who has managed to seal the deal once).

Edit: just read some previous posts... you are aware that Crown and Bluecoats have gone head to head several times this season... right (through the first week or so)?

Edited by cfirwin3